Affiliation: Elan Pharmaceuticals
- Once-daily bupropion associated with improved patient adherence compared with twice-daily bupropion in treatment of depressionTrent McLaughlin
NDCHealth, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Am J Ther 14:221-5. 2007..260, 95% confidence interval: 0.214-0.316) to achieve MPR >0.7. The use of the once-daily, extended release formulation of bupropion appeared to significantly improve patients' persistence to therapy for the treatment of depression...
- Risk of recurrent emergency department visits or hospitalizations in children with asthma receiving nebulized budesonide inhalation suspension compared with other asthma medicationsTrent McLaughlin
NDCHealth, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1319-28. 2007..Asthma medication use, evaluated by asthma-related prescriptions < or = 30 days after the index event, determined treatment groups...
- Does synchronizing initiation of therapy affect adherence to concomitant use of antihypertensive and lipid-lowering therapy?Shuchita Agarwal
Wolters Kluwer Health, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Am J Ther 16:119-26. 2009..838 and 0.691, respectively; P , 0.0001). Synchronous initiation of AH and LL therapies is an important predictor of adherence...
- Prevalence and impact of dementia-related functional limitations in the United States, 2001 to 2005Henry Michael Arrighi
Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 24:72-8. 2010..Additional research will help define the impact of dementia on the development and progression of functional limitations related to comorbidities...
- Evaluation of erectile dysfunction therapy in patients previously nonadherent to long-term medications: a retrospective analysis of prescription claimsTrent McLaughlin
NDCHealth, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Am J Ther 12:605-11. 2005..05). Patients aged >or=65 years had similar improvement in MPR as patients <or=65 years. Treatment of ED with sildenafil improved adherence in patients taking common long-term medications who were previously nonadherent...
- Comorbidities and associated treatment charges in patients with anxiety disordersTrent McLaughlin
Outcomes Research, NDCHealth, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:1251-6. 2003..To describe comorbidities and treatment charges in patients receiving initial anxiolytic therapy for anxiety disorders...
- Initial treatment regimen and risk of hospitalization in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseAntonio Anzueto
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
COPD 1:205-14. 2004..Compare hospitalization risk of various initial treatment regimens for COPD...
- Seasonal variation in asthma-related hospital and intensive care unit admissionsTrudy B Pendergraft
GlaxoSmithKline, RTP, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Asthma 42:265-71. 2005..These findings suggest a need for year-round vigilance and improved compliance with asthma therapy, especially during the summer when asthma attacks are perceived to be infrequent...
- Current management of anemia in critically ill patients: analysis of a database of 139 hospitalsJoseph Dasta
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Ther 15:423-30. 2008....
- Rates and characteristics of intensive care unit admissions and intubations among asthma-related hospitalizationsTrudy B Pendergraft
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:29-35. 2004..A life-threatening attack of asthma that leads to intensive care unit (ICU) admission, intubation, or both identifies patients at high risk of subsequent morbidity and mortality and represents a major cost burden...