Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Phosphorylation regulates human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 Rex functionMatthew Kesic
Center for Retrovirus Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Retrovirology 6:105. 2009..HTLV-1 Rex (Rex-1) is a phosphoprotein and general protein kinase inhibition correlates with reduced function. Therefore, it has been proposed that Rex-1 function may be regulated through site-specific phosphorylation...
- A proteomic study of TAR-RNA binding protein (TRBP)-associated factorsYa Hui Chi
Molecular Virology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cell Biosci 1:9. 2011..abstract:..
- A Bayesian network approach to feature selection in mass spectrometry dataKarl W Kuschner
Department of Physics, The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:177. 2010....
- Computational protein biomarker prediction: a case study for prostate cancerMichael Wagner
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation and Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:26. 2004..Our overall goal is to implicate peaks that have a high likelihood of being biologically linked to a given disease state, and thus to narrow the search for biomarker candidates...
- Adult T cell leukemia: a tale of two T cellsO John Semmes
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23501, USA
J Clin Invest 116:858-60. 2006..This finding provides a molecular-based mechanism for the restriction of the leukemic phenotype to the CD4+ T cell subtype...
- Physical and in silico approaches identify DNA-PK in a Tax DNA-damage response interactomeEmad Ramadan
George L, Wright Center for Biomedical Proteomics, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Retrovirology 5:92. 2008..To date we have mapped 250 cellular components within this interactome. Here we present our approach to prioritizing these interactions via an in silico culling process...
- Discrete serum protein signatures discriminate between human retrovirus-associated hematologic and neurologic diseaseO J Semmes
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Leukemia 19:1229-38. 2005..9 and 11.9 kDa) of haproglobin-2. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first application of protein profiling to distinguish between two disease states resulting from a single infectious agent...
- Evaluation of serum protein profiling by surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry for the detection of prostate cancer: I. Assessment of platform reproducibilityO John Semmes
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Clin Chem 51:102-12. 2005..This report describes the first stage of a National Cancer Institute/Early Detection Research Network-sponsored multiinstitutional evaluation and validation of this approach for detection of prostate cancer...
- Application of mass spectrometry to the discovery of biomarkers for detection of prostate cancerO John Semmes
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Biomedical Proteomics, Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk 23507, USA
J Cell Biochem 98:496-503. 2006..The development of newer proteomic strategies for use in future applications is also discussed...
- Feature extraction in the analysis of proteomic mass spectraXuena Wang
State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Proteomics 6:2095-100. 2006..T., Somers, K. D., Cazares, L. H., Malik, G. et al.., Clin. Cancer Res. 2004, 10, 1625-1632] revealed that the new feature extraction method would yield consistent and highly discriminatory biomarkers...
- Impact of HTLV-I Tax on cell cycle progression and the cellular DNA damage repair responseSusan J Marriott
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 24:5986-95. 2005..The contribution of these activities to genome instability and cellular transformation will be discussed...
- EARLY DETECTION OF CANCER BY AFFINITY MASS SPECTROMETRYOLIVER SEMMES; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our unique team of investigators from basic sciences, mathematical sciences and the clinical arena supply the needed expertise to continue our work in biomarker development. ..
- Typhoon 9410 Gel/Blot ImagerOLIVER SEMMES; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, several investigators will be able to undertake new avenues of investigation using the Typhoon's features. ..
- HTLV-1 Tax Disrupts DNA Damage Repair-Response ComplexesOLIVER SEMMES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Elucidation of this cause and effect model will contribute significantly to our understanding of HTLV-1-mediated disease. ..