Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Patients' survival expectations before localized prostate cancer treatment by treatment statusRavinder Mohan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 825 Fairfax Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 22:247-56. 2009..Objectives: A self-administered mailed survey was sent to 184 men with newly diagnosed LPC to query patients about expected survival with treatment versus observation...
- Self-rated health as a tool for estimating health-adjusted life expectancy among patients newly diagnosed with localized prostate cancer: a preliminary studyRavinder Mohan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Qual Life Res 20:713-21. 2011..Although subjective by nature, self-rated health (SRH) is a robust predictor of mortality. We studied the usefulness of SRH in estimating HALE in patients who are considering treatment for LPC...
- Feasibility of using guidelines to choose treatment for prostate cancerRavinder Mohan
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Can J Urol 17:4975-84. 2010..However, no method is available to estimate CALE of 10 or more years...
- Development of a scale to assess patient misperceptions about treatment choices for localized prostate cancerHind A Beydoun
Graduate Program in Public Health, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23501 1980, USA
BJU Int 106:334-41. 2010....
- Associations of serum vitamin A and carotenoid levels with markers of prostate cancer detection among US menHind A Beydoun
Graduate Program in Public Health, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W Olney Road, Norfolk, VA 23501 1980, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1483-95. 2011..Apart from the three significant associations observed, no other exposure-outcome association was significant. Monitoring specific antioxidant levels may be helpful in the early detection of prostate cancer...
- Treatment options for localized prostate cancerRavinder Mohan
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am Fam Physician 84:413-20. 2011..Brachytherapy is an option for low- and moderate-risk patients. Evidence is insufficient to determine whether laparoscopic or robotic surgery or cryotherapy is superior to open radical prostatectomy...