- Trau H, BrÃ¤nnstrÃ¶m M, Curry T, Duffy D. Prostaglandin E2 and vascular endothelial growth factor A mediate angiogenesis of human ovarian follicular endothelial cells. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:436-44 pubmed publisher..This research was supported by grant funding from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development (HD071875 to D.M.D., T.E.C., M.B.). The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose. ..
- Kim S, Duffy D. Mapping PTGERs to the Ovulatory Follicle: Regional Responses to the Ovulatory PGE2 Signal. Biol Reprod. 2016;95:33 pubmed publisher..Understanding the role of each PTGER in ovulation may point to previously unappreciated opportunities to both promote and prevent fertility. ..
- Duffy D. Growth differentiation factor-9 is expressed by the primate follicle throughout the periovulatory interval. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:725-32 pubmed..However, GDF-9 expression and action differ between rodent and primate follicles, suggesting a possible regulatory role for GDF-9 that is unique to the primate follicle. ..
- Duffy D, Seachord C, Dozier B. Microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 (mPGES-1) is the primary form of PGES expressed by the primate periovulatory follicle. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:1485-92 pubmed publisher....
- Duffy D. Prostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) in granulosa cells of primate periovulatory follicles is regulated by the ovulatory gonadotropin surge via multiple G proteins. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;333:119-26 pubmed publisher..Increased, then decreased PGDH activity may delay accumulation of prostaglandins in the follicle until late in the periovulatory interval, contributing to timely ovulation in primates. ..