Affiliation: East Carolina University
- Joining genetic linkage maps using a joint likelihood functionXin Sheng Hu
Department of Forest Sciences, Faculty of Forestry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 109:996-1004. 2004..bicolor, assayed with amplified fragment length polymorphisms (AFLP)...
- The genetic basis of floral traits associated with mating system evolution in Leptosiphon (Polemoniaceae): an analysis of quantitative trait lociCarol Goodwillie
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
Evolution 60:491-504. 2006..A low frequency of male sterility in the F2 population is consistent with the Dobzhansky-Muller model for the evolution of reproductive isolation...
- Transient SI and the dynamics of self-incompatibility alleles: a simulation model and empirical testCarol Goodwillie
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Howell Science Complex, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, USA
Evolution 62:2105-11. 2008..Results of the simulation model indicate that the transmission advantage of self-fertilization can have complex effects on S-allele dynamics in partial SI systems...
- Correlated evolution of mating system and floral display traits in flowering plants and its implications for the distribution of mating system variationCarol Goodwillie
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
New Phytol 185:311-21. 2010..Our results suggest a bias against estimating outcrossing rates in the lower half of the distribution, but not specifically against highly selfing species...
- Interactions of hybridization and mating systems: a case study in Leptosiphon (Polemoniaceae)Carol Goodwillie
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Mailstop 551, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Am J Bot 100:1002-13. 2013....
- Inbreeding depression and mixed mating in Leptosiphon jepsonii: a comparison of three populationsCarol Goodwillie
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Howell Science Complex, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Ann Bot 98:351-60. 2006..In addition, the hypothesis that differences in inbreeding depression for male and female fitness can stabilize mixed mating in L. jepsonii is tested...
- Are algal genes in nonphotosynthetic protists evidence of historical plastid endosymbioses?John W Stiller
Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, USA
BMC Genomics 10:484. 2009..sojae...
- Pollen competition as a unilateral reproductive barrier between sympatric diploid and tetraploid Chamerion angustifoliumBrian C Husband
Department of Botany, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1, Canada
Proc Biol Sci 269:2565-71. 2002..It also enhances tetraploid establishment in sympatric populations, by maximizing tetraploid success and simultaneously diminishing that of diploids through the production of inviable triploid offspring...