Affiliation: East Carolina University
- Improvement in 3-month patient-reported gastrointestinal symptoms after conversion from mycophenolate mofetil to enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium in renal transplant patientsPaul Bolin
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Transplantation 84:1443-51. 2007..However, data are lacking concerning the sustained effect of conversion over time, and the potential impact of concomitant calcineurin inhibitor...
- The role of nephrologists in coordinating care with primary care practitionersPaul Bolin
Division of Nephrology, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, USA
N C Med J 69:219-20. 2008
- Mycophenolic acid in kidney transplant patients with diabetes mellitus: does the formulation matter?Paul Bolin
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, NC, USA
Transplant Rev (Orlando) 25:117-23. 2011..Comparative trials to evaluate the GI symptom burden and maximum achieved MPA dosing using the EC-MPS and MMF formulations in de novo and maintenance diabetic kidney transplant recipients are merited...
- Enteric-coated mycophenolate sodium versus mycophenolate mofetil in renal transplant recipients experiencing gastrointestinal intolerance: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized studyAnthony J Langone
Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Transplantation 91:470-8. 2011..Using a randomized design, this study evaluated changes in GI symptoms and health-related quality of life in patients converted from MMF to EC-MPS versus patients who continued with MMF-based treatment...
- Platelet adhesion testing may predict early hemodialysis arteriovenous graft and fistula failure in end-stage renal disease patientsSamer E ElChoufani
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 14:399-409. 2008..Collagen-induced platelet aggregation reflected a significantly higher response in those with shortened access survival. These findings may have significant clinical implications for risk assessment and prevention of VAT...
- Trends and characteristics in early glomerular filtration rate decline after posttransplantation alloantibody appearancePingping Wu
1 Kidney Disease Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, P R China 2 Terasaki Foundation Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA 3 Department of Pathology, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 4 Department of Surgery, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 5 Department of Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 6 Eastern Nephrology and Associates, Greenville, NC 7 Address correspondence to Matthew J Everly, Pharm D Terasaki Foundation Laboratory, 11570 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064
Transplantation 96:919-25. 2013..This longitudinal study investigates DSA's temporal relationship to allograft dysfunction and identifies predictors of allograft function's progressive deterioration post-DSA...
- Optimizing tacrolimus therapy in the maintenance of renal allografts: 12-month resultsPaul Bolin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
Transplantation 86:88-95. 2008..The determination of optimal tacrolimus (TAC) trough levels is needed to prevent adverse effects of calcineurin inhibitors...