Affiliation: East Tennessee State University
- Appalachia: where place matters in healthBruce Behringer
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A113. 2006
- Local implementation of cancer control activities in rural Appalachia, 2006Bruce Behringer
Office of Rural and Community Health and Community Partnerships, East Tennessee State University, PO Box 70412, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 6:A34. 2009....
- Models for local implementation of comprehensive cancer control: meeting local cancer control needs through community collaborationBruce Behringer
Division of Health Sciences, East Tennessee State University, Box 70712, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1995-2004. 2010..Conclusions support the use of multiple organizing models to ensure involvement of diverse interests and sensitivity to local cancer issues that encourages implementation of cancer control activities...
- The mountains hold things in: the use of community research review work groups to address cancer disparities in AppalachiaSadie P Hutson
The Department of Community Nursing, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:1133-9. 2007..To review regional findings about cancer disparities with grass roots community leaders in Appalachia and to identify perspectives about what makes the cancer experience unique in Appalachia...
- Community as classroom: teaching and learning public health in rural AppalachiaJames Florence
Department of Community Health, College of Public Health, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 17:316-23. 2011..Lessons learned are presented which identify key elements of success and factors that influence adoption of community-based teaching and learning in public health...
- Cancer mortality rates in Appalachia: descriptive epidemiology and an approach to explaining differences in outcomesDavid Blackley
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health, East Tennessee State University, TN 37614, USA
J Community Health 37:804-13. 2012..The relative importance of household income level to cancer outcomes may be greater outside the Appalachian regions within these states...
- Understanding the role of religion in cancer care in AppalachiaBruce Behringer
Office of Rural and Community Health and Community Partnerships and East Tennessee State University Cancer Center, Johnson City, TN 37604, USA
South Med J 104:295-6. 2011....
- Graduate health professions education: an interdisciplinary university - community partnership model 1996 - 2001Deborah Brown
East Tennessee State University, Tennessee, USA
Educ Health (Abingdon) 16:176-88. 2003....
- Evaluation of a community approach to address substance abuse in AppalachiaMichael S Dunn
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Int Q Community Health Educ 30:171-83. 2009..More effort on the part of communities will be needed to solve this problem. It will not be solved by a single agency, philosophy or program strategy, but must include multiple stakeholder participation...