J F Stolz
Affiliation: Duquesne University
- Sulfurospirillum barnesii sp. nov. and Sulfurospirillum arsenophilum sp. nov., new members of the Sulfurospirillum clade of the epsilon ProteobacteriaJ F Stolz
Department of Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15202 1521, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:1177-80. 1999..SM-5, two strains of Sulfurospirillum deleyianum, and Sulfurospirillum arcachonense, form a distinct clade within the epsilon subclass of the Proteobacteria based on 16S rRNA analysis...
- Bacterial respiration of arsenic and seleniumJ F Stolz
Department of Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh 15282, PA, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 23:615-27. 1999..The extent of the environmental impact on the transformation and mobilization of arsenic and selenium by microbial dissimilatory processes is only now being fully appreciated...
- Microbial transformation of elements: the case of arsenic and seleniumJ F Stolz
Department of Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
Int Microbiol 5:201-7. 2002..g. convergence and lateral gene transfer) and underscores the environmental significance and selective impact in microbial evolution of these two elements...
- Evidence for iron-dependent nitrate respiration in the dissimilatory iron-reducing bacterium Geobacter metallireducensJ M Senko
Department of Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:3750-2. 2001..5-fold) and nitrite (approximately 70-fold) reductase activities were all increased significantly when the growth medium was amended with 500 microM iron...
- Selenihalanaerobacter shriftii gen. nov., sp. nov., a halophilic anaerobe from Dead Sea sediments that respires selenateJ S Blum
US Geological Survey, 345 Middlefield Road, ms 480, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Arch Microbiol 175:208-19. 2001..We propose the name Selenihalanaerobacter shriftii. Type strain is strain DSSe-1 (ATCC accession number BAA-73)...