Vicki L Davis
Affiliation: Duquesne University
- Black cohosh increases metastatic mammary cancer in transgenic mice expressing c-erbB2Vicki L Davis
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Cancer Res 68:8377-83. 2008..As metastatic progression is linked to patient survival, these data stress the importance of investigating how women's therapies influence all stages of mammary tumorigenesis, particularly for assessing their safety...
- Accelerated mammary tumor onset in a HER2/Neu mouse model exposed to DDT metabolites locally delivered to the mammary glandNakpangi A Johnson
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 16214 1232, USA
Environ Health Perspect 120:1170-6. 2012..Whereas most attention has been focused on estrogenic congeners, we tested the cancer-inducing potential of the antiandrogen, p,p´-DDE [1,1-dichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl) ethylene], the most prevalent and persistent DDT metabolite...
- Development of a neuroscience-oriented "methods" course for graduate students of pharmacology and toxicologyChristopher K Surratt
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mylan School of Pharmacy, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
CBE Life Sci Educ 5:188-96. 2006....
- Therapeutic treatments potentially mediated by melatonin receptors: potential clinical uses in the prevention of osteoporosis, cancer and as an adjuvant therapyPaula A Witt-Enderby
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
J Pineal Res 41:297-305. 2006..In particular, its use in cancer prevention, osteoporosis and, as an adjuvant to other therapies are discussed. Also, the role that melatonin and, particularly, its receptors play in these processes are highlighted...
- Effects on bone by the light/dark cycle and chronic treatment with melatonin and/or hormone replacement therapy in intact female micePaula A Witt-Enderby
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
J Pineal Res 53:374-84. 2012..The effects of these therapies alone and combined may improve bone health in women in perimenopause and with low nocturnal melatonin levels from too little sleep, too much light, or age...
- Expression of a dominant negative estrogen receptor alpha variant in transgenic mice accelerates uterine cancer induced by the potent estrogen diethylstilbestrolVicki L Davis
Receptor Biology Group, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, United States
Reprod Toxicol 34:512-21. 2012..These findings indicate that expression of this ERα variant can influence determining events in uterine cancer development and its natural occurrence in the human uterus would unlikely be protective...
- Inhibition of Neu-Induced Mammary Carcinogenesis in Transgenic Mice Expressing ERΔ3, a Dominant Negative Estrogen Receptor α VariantVicki L Davis
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Horm Cancer 3:227-39. 2012..However, exposure to different estrogens may augment or block its beneficial effects...
- Morinda citrifolia (Noni) Juice Augments Mammary Gland Differentiation and Reduces Mammary Tumor Growth in Mice Expressing the Unactivated c-erbB2 TransgeneWilliam P Clafshenkel
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA 15282, USA
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:487423. 2012..Additional studies investigating TNJ-induced tumor growth suppression and modified reproductive responses are needed to characterize its potential as a CAM therapy for women with and without HER2(+) breast cancer...
- Dietary galactose inhibits GDF-9 mediated follicular development in the rat ovaryGentao Liu
Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90048, USA
Reprod Toxicol 21:26-33. 2006..The present study suggests that a high galactose diet inhibits follicular development, possibly through down-regulation of GDF-9 in the rat ovary, implying that GDF-9 may be involved in galactose-related ovarian toxicity...
- An estrogen receptor repressor induces cataract formation in transgenic miceVicki L Davis
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9427-32. 2002..The ER Delta 3 mice provide a powerful model for assessing the role of estrogen in maintaining the transparency of the lens...
- Estrogen Receptors and Maintenance of Lens TransparencyVicki Davis; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide the gateway for future studies to investigate how exposure to various estrogens influence risk of age-related cataracts and the potential of estrogens as a therapy for cataract prevention. ..