Charles R Powley
Affiliation: DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences
- Polyfluorinated chemicals in a spatially and temporally integrated food web in the Western ArcticCharles R Powley
E I DuPont de Nemours and Co, Inc, P O Box 50, Newark, DE 19714 0050, USA
Chemosphere 70:664-72. 2008..The 7-3 Acid was not correlated with either PFCAs or PFAS, which suggests that it may have a different exposure pathway...
- Determination of extractable perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in water, sweat simulant, saliva simulant, and methanol from textile and carpet samples by LC/MS/MSMichael P Mawn
DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, 1090 Elkton Road, Newark, DE 19714, USA
Analyst 130:670-8. 2005..5 h pressurized fluid extraction (PFE) in methanol reveals that the 24 h wrist action shaker yields the highest results. The 2 h wrist action shaker results are similar to those of the 1.5 h PFE extraction...
- Determination of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) extractable from the surface of commercial cookware under simulated cooking conditions by LC/MS/MSCharles R Powley
Haskell Laboratory, E I Du Pont de Nemours and Company, P O Box 50, Newark, DE 19714 0050, USA
Analyst 130:1299-302. 2005..Detection and quantification limits as low as 100 pg cm(-2) were demonstrated. None of the fluoropolymer treated cookware samples analyzed showed detectable levels of PFOA when extracted under simulated cooking conditions...
- Matrix effect-free analytical methods for determination of perfluorinated carboxylic acids in environmental matrixesCharles R Powley
DuPont Haskell Laboratories, P O Box 50, Newark, Delaware 19714 0050, USA
Anal Chem 77:6353-8. 2005..The method utilizes an extraction solvent previously shown to release and recover aged residues of PFCAs. A confirmatory method using two precursor to product ions is also provided and demonstrated...
- Comparative responses of rats and mice exposed to linear/branched, linear, or branched ammonium perfluorooctanoate (APFO)Scott E Loveless
DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, DE 19714, United States
Toxicology 220:203-17. 2006..Based on these results, and for the endpoints evaluated in this study, the toxicological database developed primarily from testing linear/branched APFO is applicable to linear APFO...