William J Fasano
Affiliation: DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences
- Rapid integrity assessment of rat and human epidermal membranes for in vitro dermal regulatory testing: correlation of electrical resistance with tritiated water permeabilityW J Fasano
The DuPont Company, Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, PO Box 50 Elkton Road, Newark, DE 19714, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 16:731-40. 2002..The use of electrical resistance provides a rapid and reliable method for evaluating the integrity of rat and human epidermal membranes for in vitro dermal kinetic testing...
- Penetration of ammonium perfluorooctanoate through rat and human skin in vitroW J Fasano
DuPont Haskell Laboratory, Newark, Delaware 19714, USA
Drug Chem Toxicol 28:79-90. 2005..048+/-0.01%) had penetrated through human skin. Thus, under infinite dose and occlusive conditions, the steady-state penetration of APFO from a 20% solution was approximately 34-fold faster through rat skin than human skin...
- Absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination of 8-2 fluorotelomer alcohol in the ratWilliam J Fasano
DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, Delaware 19714, USA
Toxicol Sci 91:341-55. 2006..1%) and feces (< 0.2%) was minor, and radioactivity concentrations in most tissues were below the limit of detection. Systemic availability of 8-2 FTOH following dermal exposure was negligible...
- Kinetics of 8-2 fluorotelomer alcohol and its metabolites, and liver glutathione status following daily oral dosing for 45 days in male and female ratsWilliam J Fasano
EI DuPont de Nemours and Co, Inc, Newark, DE 19714 0050, USA
Chem Biol Interact 180:281-95. 2009....
- In vitro metabolism of 8-2 fluorotelomer alcohol: interspecies comparisons and metabolic pathway refinementDiane L Nabb
DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, DE 19714, USA
Toxicol Sci 100:333-44. 2007..These results suggest that human exposure to 8-2 FTOH is not expected to be a significant source of PFOA or any other perfluorocarboxylic acids...
- Dermal penetration of propylene glycols: measured absorption across human abdominal skin in vitro and comparison with a QSAR modelWilliam J Fasano
E I Du Pont de Nemours and Company, DuPont Haskell Global Centers for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, DE, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 25:1664-70. 2011..39%/h) for DPG. However, the extrapolation for MPG may be further overestimated due to possible residence in the stratum corneum under infinite conditions of exposure that would not be applicable to a finite loading dose...
- The in vitro permeability coefficient and short-term absorption rates for vinyl toluene using human cadaver skin mounted in a static diffusion cell modelWilliam J Fasano
DuPont Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, Delaware, USA
Drug Chem Toxicol 29:39-55. 2006....
- In vitro dermal absorption rate testing of certain chemicals of interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration: summary and evaluation of USEPA's mandated testingWilliam J Fasano
The DuPont Company, Haskell Global Centers for Health and Environmental Sciences, Newark, DE 19714 0050, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 51:181-94. 2008..When available, in vitro dermal flux measurements should be combined with toxicity information in order to improve the utility of chemical skin notations...
- The Tinsley LCR Databridge Model 6401 and electrical impedance measurements to evaluate skin integrity in vitroW J Fasano
The DuPont Company, Haskell Laboratory for Health and Environmental Sciences, P O Box 50, Elkton Road, Newark, DE 19714 0050, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 18:725-9. 2004..The results confirm that the operator-selected settings on the Tinsley LCR Databridge Model 6401 affect the impedance measurement and the dynamic range of values observed for dermatomed human skin in vitro...