Lala M Dunbar
- Efficacy and safety of telithromycin 800 mg once daily for 7 days in community-acquired pneumonia: an open-label, multicenter studyCharles M Fogarty
Spartanburg Medical Research, Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA
BMC Infect Dis 5:43. 2005..Telithromycin (a new ketolide) has shown good in vitro activity against the key causative pathogens of CAP, including S pneumoniae resistant to penicillin and/or macrolides...
- Current issues in the management of bacterial respiratory tract disease: the challenge of antibacterial resistanceLala M Dunbar
Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Med Sci 326:360-8. 2003..These promising new drugs have shown in vitro and in vivo efficacy in the treatment of community-acquired RTIs, such as community-acquired pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, and acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis...
- Efficacy and tolerability of once-daily oral telithromycin compared with clarithromycin for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia in adultsLala Mathers Dunbar
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Clin Ther 26:48-62. 2004..Telithromycin was derived by structural modification of the basic macrolide molecule to allow tight binding to the bacterial ribosome that enhances potency and minimizes the risk for the development of resistant strains...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of oritavancin front-loaded dosing regimens to daily dosing: an analysis of the SIMPLIFI trialLala M Dunbar
LSU Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine at New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:3476-84. 2011..The results of this study show that single- and infrequent-dosing schedules of oritavancin were as efficacious as daily administration and had a similar safety profile in treating cSSSI caused by Gram-positive pathogens, including MRSA...
- Efficacy of 750-mg, 5-day levofloxacin in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia caused by atypical pathogensLala M Dunbar
Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:555-63. 2004..Current recommended durations for treatment of atypical community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) range from 10 to 21 days. However, antibiotics such as the fluoroquinolones may allow for effective, short-course regimens...
- High-dose, short-course levofloxacin for community-acquired pneumonia: a new treatment paradigmLala M Dunbar
Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:752-60. 2003..2% and 92.4% in the 750-mg and 500-mg groups, respectively. These data demonstrate that 750 mg of levofloxacin per day for 5 days is at least as effective as 500 mg per day for 10 days for treatment of mild-to-severe CAP...