- Consumer awareness of fast-food calorie information in New York City after implementation of a menu labeling regulationTamara Dumanovsky
Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY 10007, USA
Am J Public Health 100:2520-5. 2010..We assessed consumer awareness of menu calorie information at fast-food chains after the introduction of New York City's health code regulation requiring these chains to display food-item calories on menus and menu boards...
- Variation in adult asthma prevalence in Hispanic subpopulations in New York CityTamara Dumanovsky
Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, New York, USA
J Asthma 44:297-303. 2007..We compared asthma prevalence among New York City Hispanics-Puerto Rican, Dominican, and other Hispanics-in relation to nativity, socioeconomic status, and asthma risk factors...
- Purchasing behavior and calorie information at fast-food chains in New York City, 2007Mary T Bassett
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, 125 Worth Street, Room 345, CN 24, New York, NY 10013, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1457-9. 2008..01). Fast-food chains should display calorie information prominently at point of purchase, where it can be seen and used to inform purchases...
- Self-reported hypertension and race among hispanic and non-hispanic adults: the New York City community Health SurveyLuisa N Borrell
Department of Health Sciences, Lehman College, City University of New York, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Ethn Dis 18:299-305. 2008..To examine the association between race/ethnicity and prevalence of self-reported hypertension in adults who participated in the 2005 Community Health Survey...
- What people buy from fast-food restaurants: caloric content and menu item selection, New York City 2007Tamara Dumanovsky
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, New York, New York, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1369-74. 2009....
- Calories from beverages purchased at 2 major coffee chains in New York City, 2007Christina Huang
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY 10007, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 6:A118. 2009..We examined afternoon beverage purchases in New York City at 2 major coffee chains and estimated the mean calorie content of these beverages...