Nagy A Youssef
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- A 3-year longitudinal study examining the effect of resilience on suicidality in veteransNagy A Youssef
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 25:59-66. 2013..This study prospectively evaluated the correlation and role of resilience and resilience factors in predicting suicidal ideation and attempts in veterans...
- Is obstructive sleep apnea associated with ADHD?Nagy A Youssef
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Durham VA Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 23:213-24. 2011..Because this may have important public health implications, we reviewed the literature regarding this association, with a focus on interventional studies examining the effect of OSA treatment on change in ADHD symptoms...
- A pilot randomized controlled trial with paroxetine for subthreshold PTSD in Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom era veteransJennifer C Naylor
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness, Research and Clinical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Psychiatry Res 206:318-20. 2013..Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) scores improved by 30.4% in the paroxetine group. Paroxetine may have promise for subthreshold PTSD...
- An open-label pilot study of aripiprazole for male and female veterans with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder who respond suboptimally to antidepressantsNagy A Youssef
VA Mid Atlantic Mental Illness, Research and Clinical Center, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 27:191-6. 2012..These promising initial results merit further investigation in a larger, randomized-controlled trial...
- Altered resting-state functional connectivity of basolateral and centromedial amygdala complexes in posttraumatic stress disorderVanessa M Brown
1 Mid Atlantic MIRECC, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham VA, Durham, NC, USA 2 Duke UNC Brain Imaging and Analysis Center, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:351-9. 2014..Further research is needed to investigate how differences in functional connectivity of amygdala complexes affect target regions that govern behavior, cognition, and affect in PTSD. ..
- Exploration of the influence of childhood trauma, combat exposure, and the resilience construct on depression and suicidal ideation among U.S. Iraq/Afghanistan era military personnel and veteransNagy A Youssef
a Durham VA Medical Center Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham VA Medical Center, USA
Arch Suicide Res 17:106-22. 2013..These findings suggest that evaluation of childhood trauma is important in the clinical assessment and treatment of depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation among military personnel and veterans...
- Associations of depression, anxiety and antidepressants with histological severity of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseNagy A Youssef
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Liver Int 33:1062-70. 2013..Depression and anxiety are common in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). However, their associations with histological severity of NAFLD are unknown...
- Neurosteroids and self-reported pain in veterans who served in the U.S. Military after September 11, 2001Jason D Kilts
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Pain Med 11:1469-76. 2010..We thus hypothesized that endogenous allopregnanolone and other neurosteroid levels may be negatively correlated with self-reported pain symptoms in humans...