Kathryn A Wood
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Rapid response systems in adult academic medical centersKathryn A Wood
Department of Physiological Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:475-82, 437. 2009....
- Patient perception of symptoms and quality of life following ablation in patients with supraventricular tachycardiaKathryn A Wood
Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Heart Lung 39:12-20. 2010..To determine how patient perceptions of symptoms and QOL change after ablation, we used a single group pretest-posttest design...
- Audio feedback for student writing in online nursing courses: exploring student and instructor reactionsKathryn A Wood
Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC, USA
J Nurs Educ 50:540-3. 2011..Results from a survey completed by 30 students at completion of the course suggest a strong preference for audio feedback. This pilot study suggests that audio feedback may be preferable to written comments for distance learning courses...
- Development and initial psychometric evaluation of the Patient Perspective of Arrhythmia QuestionnaireKathryn A Wood
School of Nursing, Duke University, 307 Trent Drive, DUMC Box 3322, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Res Nurs Health 32:504-16. 2009..Preliminary evidence from patients with supraventricular arrhythmias suggests that the questionnaire has acceptable psychometrics and could be useful in future studies of arrhythmia patients...
- Psychopathology and symptoms of atrial fibrillation: implications for therapyAnil K Gehi
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:473-8. 2012..However, little is known regarding what drives AF symptoms. Several limited studies suggest that psychological distress may be linked with AF symptom severity...
- Supraventricular tachycardia and the struggle to be believedKathryn A Wood
Family Health Care Nursing, Box 0606, 2 Koret Way, Nursing 411Y, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, United States
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 6:293-302. 2007..Realistic expectations of symptoms, patient management strategies, and treatment options are important components of patient education and treatment decisions...