Genomes and Genes
K H Wilson
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Human colonic biota studied by ribosomal DNA sequence analysisK H Wilson
Infectious Diseases Section, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 62:2273-8. 1996..However, when the number of temperature cycles was minimized, biodiversity was preserved, and there was good agreement between culturing bacteria and sampling rDNA directly...
- Comparison of fecal biota from specific pathogen free and feral miceKenneth H Wilson
Medical and Research Services, VA Medical Center and Division of Infectious Diseases Duke University Medical Center, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Anaerobe 12:249-53. 2006..coccoides Group alone. Given the number of physiological parameters influenced by the gut biota and the importance of mice in biomedical research, further investigations are warranted...
- Endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycinChristopher W Woods
Clinical Microbiology, Durham Veterans Administration Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:1188-91. 2004..We report the strain characterization and treatment of a patient with SARV IE...
- Identification of a region of genetic variability among Bacillus anthracis strains and related speciesG L Andersen
Infectious Diseases Section, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Bacteriol 178:377-84. 1996..A large proportion of the nucleotide substitutions between species were synonymous. vrrA has 35% identity with the microfilarial sheath protein shp2 of the parasitic worm Litomosoides carinii...
- High-density microarray of small-subunit ribosomal DNA probesKenneth H Wilson
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2535-41. 2002..However, the method could not resolve the individual sequences comprising a complex mixed sample. Given these results and the potential for future enhancement of this technology, it may become widely useful...
- Benefits and harms of doxycycline treatment for Gulf War veterans' illnesses: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSam T Donta
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Boston, MA 02130, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:85-94. 2004....
- Ribosomal DNA sequence analysis of mucosa-associated bacteria in Crohn's diseaseTom Prindiville
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:824-33. 2004..Enteric bacteria are implicated in the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease (CD); however, no specific causative organisms have been identified...
- Suppression of Clostridium difficile by CommensalsKenneth Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mechanisms of suppression (Specific Aim 3) will be determined in a Freter continuous-flow culture model of the large bowel, with emphasis being placed on competition for metabolic substrates. ..