Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Comparison of outcomes for veterans receiving dialysis care from VA and non-VA providersVirginia Wang
Health Services Research and Development, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC, 27705, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 13:26. 2013..We assessed the extent of chronic dialysis treatment utilization and differences in all-cause hospitalizations and mortality between veterans receiving dialysis from VA versus VA-outsourced providers...
- Geographic and temporal trends in peritoneal dialysis services in the United States between 1995 and 2003Virginia Wang
Health Services Research and Development, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 55:1079-87. 2010..This study describes trends in the regional supply of PD services in dialysis facilities between 1995 and 2003...
- Longitudinal analysis of market factors associated with provision of peritoneal dialysis servicesVirginia Wang
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Med Care Res Rev 68:537-58. 2011..These findings warrant further investigation on dialysis facilities' provision of a preferred, potentially beneficial, and cost-effective therapy...
- Does medication adherence following a copayment increase differ by disease burden?Virginia Wang
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Health Serv Res 46:1963-85. 2011..To compare changes in medication adherence between patients with high- or low-comorbidity burden after a copayment increase...
- Economic evaluation of telephone self-management interventions for blood pressure controlVirginia Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Am Heart J 163:980-6. 2012..This study evaluated the costs of the Hypertension Intervention Nurse Telemedicine Study (HINTS), aimed to improve BP control in veterans...
- Potential bias in medication adherence studies of prevalent usersMatthew L Maciejewski
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Health Serv Res 48:1468-86. 2013..We examined how the choice of historic medication use criteria for identifying prevalent users may bias estimated adherence changes associated with a medication copayment increase...
- Implementation of automated reporting of estimated glomerular filtration rate among Veterans Affairs laboratories: a retrospective studyRasheeda K Hall
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development, Durham, NC, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:69. 2012..This study examines the timing of software implementation by individual VHA laboratories and factors associated with implementation...
- Early evidence on the quality of care provided by special needs plansMatthew L Maciejewski
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Med Care 49:891-6. 2011..Medicare Advantage special needs plans (SNPs) have grown significantly over the past 7 years, but patient outcomes have only recently been publicly reported...
- Home blood pressure management and improved blood pressure control: results from a randomized controlled trialHayden B Bosworth
Health Services Research and Development, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1173-80. 2011..To determine which of 3 interventions was most effective in improving blood pressure (BP) control, we performed a 4-arm randomized trial with 18-month follow-up at the primary care clinics at a Veterans Affairs Medical Center...