Debara L Tucci
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Treatment of sudden sensorineural hearing loss with systemic steroids and valacyclovirDebara L Tucci
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Otol Neurotol 23:301-8. 2002..To determine if the addition of an antiviral medication to systemic steroids improves recovery in the treatment of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss...
- Treatment of an iatrogenic petrous carotid artery pseudoaneurysm with a Symbiot covered stent: technical case reportMichael J Alexander
Division of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Neurosurgery 50:658-62. 2002..This report details the case of an acute petrous carotid pseudoaneurysm after a myringotomy procedure that was effectively treated with an expanded polytetrafluoroethylene-covered stent...
- Treatment of tinnitus with gabapentin: a pilot studyDavid L Witsell
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Otol Neurotol 28:11-5. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness of gabapentin (Neurontin) improve the disease-specific quality of life in patients with moderate tinnitus...
- Building a national research network for clinical investigations in otology and neurotologyDebara L Tucci
Division of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Otol Neurotol 31:190-5. 2010..Our goal is to develop a centralized, high-quality research infrastructure that supports a dynamic research alliance between regional centers for research excellence, community physicians, allied health professionals, and patients...
- Effects of conductive hearing loss on auditory nerve activity in gerbilRaymond D Cook
Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hear Res 164:127-37. 2002..The EBA was significantly lower in P21 than in P42 animals, and response to MR varied as a function of age. We conclude that CHL decreases 'spontaneous' activity of the auditory nerve in young adult gerbils...
- Bevacizumab fails to treat temporal paraganglioma: discussion and case illustrationHamidreza Aliabadi
Department of Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center, 220 Sands Building, Research Drive, Box 3050, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Neurooncol 98:427-30. 2010..This patient was treated with bevacizumab prior to surgical treatment; radiographic imaging at 3 months, however, showed no significant response. We discuss possible reasons for treatment failure...
- The effects of transtympanic micropressure treatment in people with unilateral Meniere's diseaseGeorge A Gates
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:718-25. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of a portable low-intensity alternating pressure generator, the Meniett device, in controlling the symptoms of Ménière's disease...
- Responses of ventral cochlear nucleus neurons to contralateral sound after conductive hearing lossChristian J Sumner
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0506, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:4234-43. 2005..In conclusion, contralateral excitatory inputs to the VCN exist, which are not normally effective, and can compensate rapidly for large changes in afferent input...