Ranak B Trivedi
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Laboratory-based blood pressure recovery is a predictor of ambulatory blood pressureRanak Trivedi
Box 3119 Duke University Medical Center, Durham NC 27710, United States
Biol Psychol 77:317-23. 2008..Results suggest that persistence of the BP response following stress may be a more salient characteristic of the stress response in understanding its potential impact on longer term cardiovascular regulation...
- The association of emotional well-being and marital status with treatment adherence among patients with hypertensionRanak B Trivedi
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 2424 Erwin Rd, Hock Plaza Ste 1105, P O Box 2720, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Behav Med 31:489-97. 2008..34, p < .0001). Neither MCS scores nor being married were related to BP levels in adjusted analyses. Results emphasize the importance of assessing psychosocial factors to optimize hypertension treatment...
- Coping styles in heart failure patients with depressive symptomsRanak B Trivedi
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Psychosom Res 67:339-46. 2009..Elevated depressive symptoms have been linked to poorer prognosis in heart failure (HF) patients. Our objective was to identify coping styles associated with depressive symptoms in HF patients...
- Relationship of depression to death or hospitalization in patients with heart failureAndrew Sherwood
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:367-73. 2007..However, patients with heart failure (HF) have been less frequently studied, and the effect of depression on prognosis, independent of disease severity, is uncertain...
- Donepezil for cognitive decline following coronary artery bypass surgery: a pilot randomized controlled trialP Murali Doraiswamy
Department of Psychiatry, Center for the Study of Aging, and Duke Heart Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:54-62. 2007..To study the effect of donepezil in treating patients with cognitive decline following coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Racial differences in hypertension knowledge: effects of differential item functioningBrian J Ayotte
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, VA Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton St Durham, NC 27705, USA
Ethn Dis 19:23-7. 2009..These results are discussed in the context of the need for careful measurement of health-related constructs, and how measurement-related issues can result in an inaccurate estimation of racial differences in hypertension knowledge...
- Cardiovascular hemodynamics during stress in premenopausal versus postmenopausal womenAndrew Sherwood
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Menopause 17:403-9. 2010..Sympathetic nervous system activity and cardiovascular adrenergic receptor (AR) function were also examined...
- Genetic and environmental influences on anger expression, John Henryism, and stressful life events: the Georgia Cardiovascular Twin StudyXiaoling Wang
Georgia Prevention Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Psychosom Med 67:16-23. 2005..The association between anger expression and life events is largely the result of common genes...