Carolyn T Thorpe
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Reactions to health-related social control in young adults with type 1 diabetesCarolyn T Thorpe
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2424 Erwin Road, Hock Plaza, Suite 1105, P O Box 2720, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Behav Med 31:93-103. 2008..Use of direct persuasion was associated with more pretending of behavior change. These results suggest that negative social control attempts by social network members may be counter-productive...
- Racial differences in blood pressure control: potential explanatory factorsHayden B Bosworth
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center 152, Durham, NC, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:692-8. 2008..The objective of the study was to identify potential explanatory factors for racial differences in blood pressure (BP) control...
- Literacy and blood pressure--do healthcare systems influence this relationship? A cross-sectional studyBenjamin J Powers
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VAMC, Durham NC, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 8:219. 2008..We sought to determine the association between literacy and blood pressure in primary care patients with hypertension and to determine if this relationship was consistent across distinct systems of healthcare delivery...
- Development and initial evaluation of a measure of self-management for adults with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated small-vessel vasculitisCarolyn T Thorpe
Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:1296-302. 2007..To develop a measure of illness self-management for adults living with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated small-vessel vasculitis (ANCA-SVV) and to gather evidence of its reliability and validity...
- Improving the measurement of self-reported medication nonadherenceCorrine I Voils
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 64:250-4. 2011..We demonstrate how two fundamental measurement issues have limited the usefulness of self-reported medication nonadherence measures and offer recommendations for improving measurement...
- Hypertension Improvement Project (HIP) Latino: results of a pilot study of lifestyle intervention for lowering blood pressure in Latino adultsMaria Del Pilar Rocha-Goldberg
El Centro Hispano, Durham, NC, USA
Ethn Health 15:269-82. 2010..To assess the feasibility of a culturally tailored behavioral intervention for improving hypertension-related health behaviors in Hispanic/Latino adults...
- Healthy coping, negative emotions, and diabetes management: a systematic review and appraisalEdwin B Fisher
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Rosenau Hall, CB 7440, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7440, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:1080-103; discussion 1104-6. 2007..The purpose of this systematic review is to assess the literature pertinent to healthy coping in diabetes management and to identify effective or promising interventions and areas needing further investigation...