Ann Marie Navar-Boggan
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Hyperlipidemia in early adulthood increases long-term risk of coronary heart diseaseAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
From the Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC A M N B, E D P, B N, M J P Boston University, Boston, MA R B D and Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada A D S
Circulation 131:451-8. 2015..We evaluated the association between years of exposure to hypercholesterolemia in early adulthood and future coronary heart disease (CHD) risk...
- Variability in performance measures for assessment of hypertension controlAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 165:823-7. 2013..Definitions of multiple performance measures exist for the assessment of blood pressure control; however, limited data on how these technical variations may affect actual measured performance are available...
- Hypertension control among patients followed by cardiologistsAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 27710, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:352-7. 2012..The overall rate of hypertension control among patients followed in cardiology clinics, as well as clinician variability in control rates, is unknown...
- Application of new cholesterol guidelines to a population-based sampleMichael J Pencina
From the Duke Clinical Research Institute M J P, B N, E D P, Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics M J P, and Division of Cardiology A M N B, Duke University, Durham, NC the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Boston University and the Harvard Clinical Research Institute both in Boston R B D KenAnCo Biostatistics, San Antonio, TX K W and Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal A D S
N Engl J Med 370:1422-31. 2014..The 2013 guidelines of the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association (ACC-AHA) for the treatment of cholesterol expand the indications for statin therapy for the prevention of cardiovascular disease...
- Proportion of US adults potentially affected by the 2014 hypertension guidelineAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
JAMA 311:1424-9. 2014....
- Using age- and sex-specific risk thresholds to guide statin therapy: one size may not fit allAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 65:1633-9. 2015..Whether these CVD risk thresholds should be individualized by age and sex has not been explored...
- The impact of a measurement and feedback intervention on blood pressure control in ambulatory cardiology practiceAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC Electronic address
Am Heart J 167:466-71. 2014..Although hypertension is a modifiable cardiovascular risk factor, up to one-third of ambulatory patients have uncontrolled blood pressure (BP). We evaluated the impact of a targeted provider feedback intervention on rates of BP control...
- Accuracy and validation of an automated electronic algorithm to identify patients with atrial fibrillation at risk for strokeAnn Marie Navar-Boggan
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC Electronic address
Am Heart J 169:39-44.e2. 2015..There is no universally accepted algorithm for identifying atrial fibrillation (AF) patients and stroke risk using electronic data for use in performance measures...
- The feasibility and accuracy of evaluating lipid management performance metrics using an electronic health recordChristopher P Danford
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC Electronic address
Am Heart J 166:701-8. 2013....