Genomes and Genes
Eric B Meltzer
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Familial and sporadic idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: making the diagnosis from peripheral bloodEric B Meltzer
Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1313 21st Avenue South, 1105 Oxford House, Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Genomics 15:902. 2014..Peripheral blood biomarkers might improve diagnostic accuracy for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)...
- Bayesian probit regression model for the diagnosis of pulmonary fibrosis: proof-of-principleEric B Meltzer
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
BMC Med Genomics 4:70. 2011..The accurate diagnosis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a major clinical challenge. We developed a model to diagnose IPF by applying Bayesian probit regression (BPR) modelling to gene expression profiles of whole lung tissue...
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisEric B Meltzer
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 3:8. 2008..Meanwhile, pulmonary transplantation remains a viable option for patients with IPF. It is expected that, during the next decade, considerable progress will be made toward the understanding and treatment of this devastating illness...
- Severe lung fibrosis requires an invasive fibroblast phenotype regulated by hyaluronan and CD44Yuejuan Li
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Exp Med 208:1459-71. 2011..Understanding the mechanisms leading to an invasive fibroblast phenotype could lead to novel approaches to the treatment of disorders characterized by severe tissue fibrosis...
- β-arrestin deficiency protects against pulmonary fibrosis in mice and prevents fibroblast invasion of extracellular matrixAlysia Kern Lovgren
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Sci Transl Med 3:74ra23. 2011..These data implicate β-arrestins as mediators of fibroblast invasion and the development of pulmonary fibrosis, and as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis...
- Inhibition of pulmonary fibrosis in mice by CXCL10 requires glycosaminoglycan binding and syndecan-4Dianhua Jiang
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2049-57. 2010..Thus, administration of CXCL10 protein defective in CXCR3 binding may represent a novel therapy for pulmonary fibrosis...