Madeline H Meier
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlifeMadeline H Meier
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2657-64. 2012..Findings are suggestive of a neurotoxic effect of cannabis on the adolescent brain and highlight the importance of prevention and policy efforts targeting adolescents...
- Sex differences in the genetic and environmental influences on childhood conduct disorder and adult antisocial behaviorMadeline H Meier
Department of Psychological Sciences and Midwest Alcoholism Research Center, University of Missouri, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 120:377-88. 2011..The genetic influences on adult antisocial behavior overlapped completely with the genetic influences on childhood conduct disorder for both males and females. Implications for future twin and molecular genetic studies are discussed...
- Prospective developmental subtypes of alcohol dependence from age 18 to 32 years: implications for nosology, etiology, and interventionMadeline H Meier
Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Dev Psychopathol 25:785-800. 2013..Subtype-specific etiologies point to targeted prevention and intervention efforts based on the characteristics of each subtype. ..
- Retinal vessel caliber and lifelong neuropsychological functioning: retinal imaging as an investigative tool for cognitive epidemiologyIdan Shalev
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, 2020 West Main St, Suite 201, Grey Building, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Psychol Sci 24:1198-207. 2013....
- Disordered gambling as defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and the South Oaks Gambling Screen: evidence for a common etiologic structureWendy S Slutske
Department of Psychological Sciences, 210 McAlester Hall, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 120:743-51. 2011..This study highlights the utility of twin studies for appraising the validity of the diagnostic nomenclature...
- Sensation seeking in females from opposite- versus same-sex twin pairs: hormone transfer or sibling imitation?Wendy S Slutske
Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Behav Genet 41:533-42. 2011....