Genomes and Genes
J M McClung
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Calpain-1 is required for hydrogen peroxide-induced myotube atrophyJ M McClung
Dept of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, Univ of Florida, Rm 25 Florida Gym, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C363-71. 2009..Collectively, our data provide the first evidence for an absolute requirement for calpain-1 in the development of skeletal muscle myotube atrophy in response to oxidant-induced cellular stress...
- Apocynin attenuates diaphragm oxidative stress and protease activation during prolonged mechanical ventilationJoseph M McClung
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, Center for Exercise Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Crit Care Med 37:1373-9. 2009..To investigate whether apocynin protects the diaphragm from wasting and oxidative stress during mechanical ventilation (MV)...
- p38 MAPK links oxidative stress to autophagy-related gene expression in cachectic muscle wastingJ M McClung
Exercise Biochemistry Laboratory, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C542-9. 2010....
- Redox regulation of diaphragm proteolysis during mechanical ventilationJ M McClung
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R1608-17. 2008..In summary, these data are consistent with the notion that the protective effect of antioxidants on the diaphragm during MV is due, at least in part, to decreasing myofilament protein substrate availability to the proteasome...
- Antioxidant administration attenuates mechanical ventilation-induced rat diaphragm muscle atrophy independent of protein kinase B (PKB Akt) signallingJ M McClung
Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Room 25 Florida Gym, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Physiol 585:203-15. 2007..Further, these results also indicate that differential regulation of diaphragmatic IGF-1-PI3K-Akt signalling exists during the early and late stages of MV...