Genomes and Genes
Anna Maria Masci
Affiliation: Duke Universiy
Location: Durham, NC , USA
Biomedical ontology, cellular and molecular immunology.
Ph.D. in Biothecnology
MS in Chemistry and Clinical Biochemistry
- HIV-1 gp120 induces anergy in naive T lymphocytes through CD4-independent protein kinase-A-mediated signalingAnna Maria Masci
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita di Napoli Federico II, 5 Via S Pansini, I 80131 Naples, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 74:1117-24. 2003..These findings reveal a novel mechanism by which HIVenv may modulate the processes of clonal expansion, homeostatic proliferation, and terminal differentiation of the naive T lymphocyte subset...
- Cyclic AMP modulates the functional plasticity of immature dendritic cells by inhibiting Src-like kinases through protein kinase A-mediated signalingMario Galgani
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, , I-80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 279:32507-14. 2004..We propose that the cAMP-protein kinase A-dependent pathway regulates the functional plasticity of iDCs by gating the Toll-like receptor signaling at the level of Src-like kinases...
- GPI-defective monocytes from paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria patients show impaired in vitro dendritic cell differentiationGiuseppina Ruggiero
Cattera di Immunologia, Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita Frederico II, Naples, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 76:634-40. 2004..Finally, GPI-defective DCs showed a severe impairment in delivering accessory signals for T cell receptor-dependent T cell proliferation...
- Hypervariable region 1 variant acting as TCR antagonist affects hepatitis C virus-specific CD4+ T cell repertoire by favoring CD95-mediated apoptosisCristiano Scotta
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology, La Sapienza University, Rome, 00185, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 78:372-82. 2005..These data support the hypothesis that in HCV infection, the generation of TCR antagonists may reshape the T cell repertoire, representing an efficacious immune evasion strategy of a highly mutant pathogen...
- Fatal immunodeficiency in a patient with thymoma and Good's syndromeLiliana Montella
Medical Oncology Unit, S Giovanni di Dio Hospital, Frattaminore, Naples, Italy
Tumori 91:361-3. 2005..The authors present the clinical history of a thymoma patient affected by fatal immunodeficiency...
- Calmodulin-dependent kinase IV links Toll-like receptor 4 signaling with survival pathway of activated dendritic cellsMaddalena Illario
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Pathology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Blood 111:723-31. 2008..These results reveal a novel link between TLR4 and a calcium-dependent signaling cascade comprising CaMKIV-CREB-Bcl-2 that is essential for DC survival...
- An improved ontological representation of dendritic cells as a paradigm for all cell typesAnna Maria Masci
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:70. 2009..This approach limits the CL's utility for computation and for cross-species data integration...
- Hematopoietic cell types: prototype for a revised cell ontologyAlexander D Diehl
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:75-9. 2011..The methods and improvements to the CL in this area represent a paradigm for improvement of the entire ontology over time...
- Thymoma-associated immunodeficiency: a syndrome characterized by severe alterations in NK, T and B-cells and progressive increase in naïve CD8+ T CellsL Vitiello
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:307-16. 2010..Furthermore, the accumulation of CD8+CD45RA+ T lymphocytes parallels these changes; this accumulation may have a role in determining the disease and can be used to monitor clinical stages of immunodeficiency in thymoma...
- Dendritic cells/natural killer cross-talk: a novel target for human immunodeficiency virus type-1 protease inhibitorsMaria Letizia Giardino Torchia
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e11052. 2010..Here, we analyzed the ability of PIs to interfere with differentiation program of monocytes toward dendritic cell (DCs) lineage, a key process in the inflammatory response...
- Antibody-selected mimics of hepatitis C virus hypervariable region 1 activate both primary and memory Th lymphocytesLoredana Frasca
Department of Cellular and Developmental Biology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Hepatology 38:653-63. 2003..In conclusion, these data lend strong support to using HVR1 mimotopes in vaccines designed to prevent replication of escape mutants...
- B-cell lymphopenia and hypogammaglobulinemia in thymoma patientsL Montella
Molecular and Clinical Oncology and Endocrinology Department, Faculty of Medicine, University Federico II, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Ann Hematol 82:343-7. 2003..Therefore, immunophenotype has to be monitored in follow-up of thymoma patients because it may reveal significant abnormalities...
- Clonal expansion of CD8+ BV8 T lymphocytes in bone marrow characterizes thymoma-associated B lymphopeniaAnna Maria Masci
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Blood 101:3106-8. 2003..We propose that BV8 CD8(+) T cells may play a role in the pathogenesis of this immunodeficiency syndrome...
- Human equivalent of the mouse Nude/SCID phenotype: long-term evaluation of immunologic reconstitution after bone marrow transplantationC Pignata
Department of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Blood 97:880-5. 2001..Taken together, these findings suggest that bone marrow transplantation is ineffective in the long-term cure of this form of SCID...
- Modulation of CD45 tyrosine phosphatase activity by antigenF Lago Paz
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, , Naples, Italy
Eur J Immunol 31:777-82. 2001..Since the recruitment of CD4 is an initial step in the activation process, the inhibition of this pool of CD45 molecules would be crucial to prevent dephosphorylation of relevant substrates which promote the activation process...
- Logical development of the cell ontologyTerrence F Meehan
Mouse Genome Informatics, The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:6. 2011..By making the information in the ontology computable, we can use automated reasoners to detect errors and assist with classification. Here we report on the generation of computable definitions for the hematopoietic cell types in the CL...