Stacey H Kovac
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Study protocol: Couples Partnering for Lipid Enhancing Strategies (CouPLES) - a randomized, controlled trialCorrine I Voils
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Trials 10:10. 2009....
- Health-related quality of life among self-reported arthritis sufferers: effects of race/ethnicity and residenceStacey H Kovac
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, 508 Fulton Street 152, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Qual Life Res 15:451-60. 2006..We evaluated differences in health-related quality of life (HRQoL) for African Americans and Caucasians with self-reported arthritis residing in rural and urban areas of a southern state...
- Association of health-related quality of life with dual use of prescription and over-the-counter nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugsStacey H Kovac
Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:227-33. 2008..e., dual use) is related to patient self-reported outcomes, specifically health-related quality of life (HRQOL). We hypothesized that dual use of NSAIDs would be associated with reduced HRQOL...
- The effects of physician specialty and patient comorbidities on the use and discontinuation of coxibsFausto G Patino
Center for Education and Research on Therapeutics of Musculoskeletal Disorders, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3408, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:293-9. 2003..To examine the effects of physician specialty and comorbidities on cyclooxygenase 2-selective nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs; coxibs) utilization...
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug toxicity monitoring and safety practicesFausto G Patino
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3408, USA
J Rheumatol 30:2680-8. 2003..We examined the associations of physician specialty and patient characteristics with NSAID safety practices...
- Improving processes of hospital care during the last hours of lifeF Amos Bailey
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Birmingham VA Medical Center, GRECC 11G, 700 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1722-7. 2005....
- A group randomized trial to improve safe use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsJeffrey R Curtis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:537-43. 2005....
- Agreement and validity of pharmacy data versus self-report for use of osteoporosis medications among chronic glucocorticoid usersJeffrey R Curtis
Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:710-8. 2006..However, these data sources have not been previously compared with self-reported data for receipt of medications used for glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis (GIOP)...