Marco D Huesch
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Managing care? Medicare managed care and patient use of cardiologistsMarco D Huesch
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, and Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, 1 Towerview Drive, Box 90127, Durham, NC 27708 0127, USA
Health Serv Res 45:329-54. 2010..To examine the impact of Medicare managed care (MMC) versus Medicare fee for service (MFFS) on stent patients' use of physicians with lower resource use and better outcomes...
- Long-term impact of Medicare managed care on patients treated for coronary artery diseaseMarco D Huesch
Health Sector Management Program and Strategy Area, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, USA
Med Care 50:18-26. 2012..If such plans provide better care, adjusting for possible better health of their enrollees, then such reimbursement changes may have unforeseen quality consequences...
- Measuring the effect of policy interventions at the population level: some methodological concernsMarco D Huesch
Community and Family Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
Health Econ 21:1234-49. 2012..Model misspecification is demonstrated by rolling Chow tests for structural breaks in repeated observations...
- Is blood thicker than water? Peer effects in stent utilization among Floridian cardiologistsMarco D Huesch
Duke Fuqua School of Business, Health Sector Management Area, USA
Soc Sci Med 73:1756-65. 2011....
- Learning by doing, scale effects, or neither? Cardiac surgeons after residencyMarco D Huesch
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, 1 Towerview Drive, Durham, NC 27708 0127, USA
Health Serv Res 44:1960-82. 2009..Pooled linear, fixed effects panel, and instrumented regressions were estimated...
- Can managed care plans reliably infer the quality of cardiac surgeons' outcomes?Marco D Huesch
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University, Box 90120, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:890-6. 2009..To assess whether managed care plans can reliably infer the quality of cardiac surgeons' outcomes...
- Provider-hospital "fit" and patient outcomes: evidence from Massachusetts cardiac surgeons, 2002-2004Marco D Huesch
Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business, 100 Fuqua Drive, Box 90120, Durham, NC 27708 0120, USA
Health Serv Res 46:1-26. 2011..To examine whether the "fit" of a surgeon with hospital resources impacts cardiac surgery outcomes, separately from hospital or surgeon effects...