J E Herndon
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Factors predictive of survival among 337 patients with mesothelioma treated between 1984 and 1994 by the Cancer and Leukemia Group BJ E Herndon
CALGB Statistical Center, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Chest 113:723-31. 1998..To examine the individual and joint effect of various pretreatment clinical characteristics on the survival of patients with mesothelioma treated by the Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)...
- Treatment with Imatinib in NSCLC is associated with decrease of phosphorylated PDGFR-beta and VEGF expression, decrease in interstitial fluid pressure and improvement of oxygenationG Vlahovic
Duke University Medical Center, P O Box 3335, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Br J Cancer 95:1013-9. 2006..Importantly, this is the first study demonstrating that Imatinib treatment improves tumour oxygenation and downregulates tumour VEGF expression...
- Role of serum tumor markers CA 125 and CEA in non-small cell lung cancerR Salgia
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anticancer Res 21:1241-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: When abnormally elevated inpatients witlrlung cancer, CA 125 and CEA are useful indicators of disease extent, a useful clinical therapeutic marker, and may potentially have important prognostic value...
- Use of neuroendocrine markers, p53, and HER2 to predict response to chemotherapy in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B studyS L Graziano
Division of Hematology-Oncology, Department of Medicine, Regional Oncology Center, SUNY-Upstate Medical University and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Lung Cancer 33:115-23. 2001..Future studies must employ either different markers or be performed on more adequate surgical specimens...
- Combined modality trials of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B in stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: analysis of factors influencing survival and toxicityM A Socinski
Cancer and Leukemia Group B, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Oncol 15:1033-41. 2004..Combined modality therapy (CMT) is the standard of care for patients with unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC); however, insufficient data are available regarding prognostic factors in this disease setting...
- Randomized phase II trial of gemcitabine plus irinotecan or docetaxel in stage IIIB or stage IV NSCLCC M Rocha Lima
University of Miami and Sylvester Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Oncol 15:410-8. 2004..To evaluate the activity and tolerability of gemcitabine plus irinotecan or docetaxel as first-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Stage distribution in patients with a small (< or = 3 cm) primary nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. Implication for lung carcinoma screeningL E Heyneman
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer 92:3051-5. 2001..A reduction in mortality needs to be demonstrated by appropriate clinical trials prior to the initiation of mass CT screening programs...
- Tumor marker expression is predictive of survival in patients with esophageal cancerT A Aloia
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:859-66. 2001....
- Integration of peripheral blood biomarkers with computed tomography to differentiate benign from malignant pulmonary opacitiesT Aloia
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Surgery, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 25:336-43. 2001..Integration of imaging studies with the appropriate biomarkers may prove useful in evaluating indeterminate pulmonary nodules or masses...
- Persistent symptoms among survivors of Hodgkin's disease: an explanatory model based on classical conditioningC L Cameron
Center for Outcomes Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Illinois 60201, USA
Health Psychol 20:71-5. 2001..Symptoms also were associated with ongoing psychological distress, suggesting that quality of life is diminished among survivors with persistent symptoms. Recommendations for prevention and treatment of symptoms are discussed...
- 73.6 Gy and beyond: hyperfractionated, accelerated radiotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancerP D Maguire
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:705-11. 2001..Late grade > or = 3 pulmonary toxicity occurred in 17%. Because of continued locoregional recurrences, we are currently using doses > or = 86 Gy...
- Phase II trial of irinotecan/gemcitabine as second-line therapy for relapsed and refractory small-cell lung cancer: Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 39902C M Rocha-Lima
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Oncol 18:331-7. 2007..This phase II study evaluated the efficacy and safety of the irinotecan/gemcitabine combination in patients with relapsed/refractory small-cell lung cancer (SCLC)...