Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- The Donald W. Reynolds Consortium for Faculty Development to Advance Geriatrics Education (FD~AGE): a model for dissemination of subspecialty educational expertiseMitchell T Heflin
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Acad Med 87:618-26. 2012..This consortium of four medical schools disseminates expertise in geriatrics education through support and training of clinician-educators. The authors conducted this study to measure the effects of FD~AGE...
- The effect of comorbid illness on receipt of cancer screening by older peopleMitchell T Heflin
Center for Health Services Research and Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1651-8. 2002..To identify associations between the type and number of diagnoses and receipt of screening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer by older people...
- The impact of health status on physicians' intentions to offer cancer screening to older womenMitchell T Heflin
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center, 2511 Blue Zone Duke South, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:844-50. 2006..Screening for breast and cervical cancer reduces disease-specific mortality, but high rates of comorbidity and disability among elderly persons may alter the risks and benefits of screening...
- The Senior Mentor Program at Duke University School of MedicineMitchell Hefflin
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3003, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 27:49-58. 2006..We aspire to continue to improve the structure and content of the program to reflect the socioeconomic and ethnic diversity of the community and to offer students a longitudinal experience...
- 'So you want to be a clinician-educator...': designing a clinician-educator curriculum for internal medicine residentsMitchell T Heflin
Duke University Medical Center, DUMC 3003, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Med Teach 31:e233-40. 2009....
- A systematic review of interventions to improve outcomes for elders discharged from the emergency departmentSusan N Hastings
Geriatrics Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Acad Emerg Med 12:978-86. 2005..To evaluate the evidence for interventions designed to improve outcomes for elders discharged from the emergency department (ED)...
- Patterns and predictors of smoking cessation in an elderly cohortHeather E Whitson
Department of Internal Medicine and Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:466-71. 2006..To identify subject characteristics that predict smoking cessation and describe patterns of cessation and recidivism in a cohort of elderly smokers...
- The geriatrics excellence in teaching series: an integrated educational skills curriculum for faculty and fellows developmentSandro O Pinheiro
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:750-6. 2008..This format can be replicated with other geriatrics programs, providing a needed opportunity for faculty and fellows to learn about education principles...