L H Harpole
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Automated evidence-based critiquing of orders for abdominal radiographs: impact on utilization and appropriatenessL H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 4:511-21. 1997..The purpose of this study was to measure the impact of presenting real time, evidence-based critiques about the appropriateness of abdominal radiograph (KUB) orders on physician decision making...
- A comparison of the preventive health care provided by women's health centers and general internal medicine practicesL H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
J Gen Intern Med 15:1-7. 2000..To evaluate women's health centers as alternatives to traditional internal medicine practices...
- Assessment of the scope and quality of clinical practice guidelines in lung cancerLinda H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Chest 123:7S-20S. 2003....
- Implementing a disease management intervention for depression in primary care: a random work sampling studyLinda H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 25:238-45. 2003..This information will be helpful to those who may wish to implement this disease management strategy...
- Patient satisfaction in the ambulatory setting. Influence of data collection methods and sociodemographic factorsL H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 11:431-4. 1996..Further study of the impact of patient characteristics and method of data collection should be conducted before the comparison of unadjusted satisfaction results becomes the accepted standard...
- Feasibility of a tailored intervention to improve preventive care use in womenL H Harpole
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Prev Med 31:440-6. 2000..Efforts to improve delivery of preventive care services have often focused on one outstanding service despite the fact that patients often are in need of many services...
- Long term outcomes from the IMPACT randomised trial for depressed elderly patients in primary careEnid M Hunkeler
Kaiser Permanente, Division of Research, 2000 Broadway, 2nd Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
BMJ 332:259-63. 2006..To determine the long term effectiveness of collaborative care management for depression in late life...
- Physicians' satisfaction with a collaborative disease management program for late-life depression in primary careStuart Levine
SCAN Health Plan, Long Beach, CA 90801, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:383-91. 2005..This study describes physicians' satisfaction with care for patients with depression before and after the implementation of a primary care-based collaborative care program...
- Burden of illness and satisfaction with care among patients with headache seen in a primary care settingLinda H Harpole
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Headache 45:1048-55. 2005..To assess the current level of headache burden and the headache management needs at three diverse clinical sites...
- Improving depression outcomes in older adults with comorbid medical illnessLinda H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27709, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 27:4-12. 2005..Depression is common in older adults and often coexists with multiple chronic diseases, which may complicate its diagnosis and treatment...
- Depression and comorbid illness in elderly primary care patients: impact on multiple domains of health status and well-beingPolly Hitchcock Noel
VERDICT, an HSR and D Center of Excellence, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd 11C6, San Antonio, TX 78229 4404, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:555-62. 2004....
- Headache management program improves outcome for chronic headacheLinda H Harpole
Department of Medicine, Center for Clinical Health Policy Research, Duke University Medical Center, First Union Tower, Suite 220, 2200 West Main Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Headache 43:715-24. 2003..To determine the feasibility of developing a headache management program and to assess the outcomes of patients referred to the program for treatment of chronic headache...
- Quality of life outcomes are equivalent after lobectomy in the elderlyWilliam R Burfeind
Thoracic Surgery, St Luke s Health Network, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:597-604. 2008..Surgical decision making in elderly patients with lung cancer is better informed when the benefits to survival and quality of life after lobectomy are understood...