Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Efficacy and safety of edifoligide, an E2F transcription factor decoy, for prevention of vein graft failure following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: PREVENT IV: a randomized controlled trialJohn H Alexander
Duke University Medical Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
JAMA 294:2446-54. 2005..Edifoligide is an oligonucleotide decoy that binds to and inhibits E2F transcription factors and thus may prevent neointimal hyperplasia and vein graft failure...
- Prognostic significance of the change in glucose level in the first 24 h after acute myocardial infarction: results from the CARDINAL studyAbhinav Goyal
Duke Clinical Research Institute and Duke University Medical Center, PO Box 17969, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Eur Heart J 27:1289-97. 2006..We evaluated the prognostic significance of baseline glucose and the change in glucose in the first 24 h following AMI...
- Impact of perioperative myocardial infarction on angiographic and clinical outcomes following coronary artery bypass grafting (from PRoject of Ex-vivo Vein graft ENgineering via Transfection [PREVENT] IV)James M Yau
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:546-51. 2008..Further research is needed into the prevention and treatment of perioperative MI in patients undergoing CABG...
- The evaluation and management of dyslipidemia and impaired glucose metabolism during acute coronary syndromesAbhinav Goyal
Duke University Medical Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, 2400 Pratt Street, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 6:300-7. 2004....
- Highlights from the American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Session 2005: March 6 to 9, 2005, Orlando, FloridaManesh R Patel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 149:1009-19. 2005
- Should we measure C-reactive protein levels to ascertain the adequacy of statin therapy in patients who are at very high risk for a coronary heart disease event?Abhinav Goyal
Duke Clinical Research Insitute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Am Heart J 150:650-1. 2005
- Outcomes associated with the use of secondary prevention medications after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryAbhinav Goyal
Duke Clinical Research Institute and Division of Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:993-1001. 2007..We investigated whether greater use of secondary prevention medications after coronary artery bypass graft surgery is associated with improved clinical outcomes...
- Glucose-insulin-potassium therapy in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionRafael Diaz
Etudios Cardiologica Latin America, Rosario, Argentina
JAMA 298:2399-405. 2007..While some smaller trials suggest benefit, in the CREATE-ECLA trial, GIK infusion had no effect on 30-day mortality in 20,201 patients...
- Stress test criteria used in the conservative arm of the FRISC-II trial underdetects surgical coronary artery disease when applied to patients in the VANQWISH trialAbhinav Goyal
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1601-7. 2002....
- Usefulness of the TIMI risk score in predicting both short- and long-term outcomes in the Veterans Affairs Non-Q-Wave Myocardial Infarction Strategies In-Hospital (VANQWISH) TrialFrederick F Samaha
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:922-6. 2002..76). No significant difference in outcomes between strategies was detected for a score > or =3. The TIMI risk score provides moderate incremental prognostic information in high-risk patients, during both short- and long-term follow-up...
- Independent associations between metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis: observations from the Dallas Heart StudyKaren Chen
The School of Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9047, USA
Diab Vasc Dis Res 5:96-101. 2008..In conclusion, both MetS and DM are independently associated with an increased prevalence of atherosclerosis, with the highest observed prevalence in subjects with both DM and MetS...
- The burden of cardiovascular disease in the Indian subcontinentAbhinav Goyal
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Indian J Med Res 124:235-44. 2006..Finally, we suggest measures to implement in policy, capacity building, and research to address the CVD epidemic in the Indian subcontinent...