Jennifer M Gierisch
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Pharmacologic and behavioral interventions to improve cardiovascular risk factors in adults with serious mental illness: a systematic review and meta-analysisJennifer M Gierisch
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veteran Affairs Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705
J Clin Psychiatry 75:e424-40. 2014..This systematic review was conducted to evaluate pharmacologic and behavioral interventions to reduce CVD risk in adults with serious mental illness...
- Smoking cessation interventions for patients with depression: a systematic review and meta-analysisJennifer M Gierisch
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veteran Affairs Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:351-60. 2012..e., history positive vs. current depression), and differential effects by gender...
- Tobacco use among Iraq- and Afghanistan-era veterans: a qualitative study of barriers, facilitators, and treatment preferencesJennifer M Gierisch
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E58. 2012..Our study objective was to elicit perspectives of Iraq- and Afghanistan-era veterans who had not yet quit smoking postdeployment to inform the development of smoking cessation services for this veteran cohort...
- Standard definitions of adherence for infrequent yet repeated health behaviorsJennifer M Gierisch
Duke University Division of General Internal Medicine, Durham VAMC Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham, NC 27701, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:669-79. 2010..To present common language for defining adherence of infrequent yet repeated health behaviors...
- Finding the minimal intervention needed for sustained mammography adherenceJennifer M Gierisch
Division of General Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VAMC, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:334-44. 2010..Regular adherence to mammography screening saves lives, yet few women receive regular mammograms...
- Longitudinal predictors of nonadherence to maintenance of mammographyJennifer M Gierisch
Duke University Medical Center Division of General Internal Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1103-11. 2010..However, mammography maintenance is uncommon and little is known about why women do not maintain regular screening schedules. We investigated longitudinal predictors of women not maintaining adherence...
- Factors associated with annual-interval mammography for women in their 40sJennifer M Gierisch
Department of General Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Cancer Epidemiol 33:72-8. 2009..Few studies have assessed predictors of repeat mammography on an annual interval among these women...
- Oral contraceptives and risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer among high-risk women: a systematic review and meta-analysisPatricia G Moorman
Patricia G Moorman, Laura J Havrilesky, Jennifer M Gierisch, Remy R Coeytaux, William J Lowery, Vic Hasselblad, and Evan R Myers, Duke University School of Medicine Laura J Havrilesky, Duke Cancer Institute, Duke University Health System Jennifer M Gierisch, Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center Jennifer M Gierisch, Remy R Coeytaux, Michaela Dinan, Amanda J McBroom, and Gillian D Sanders, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham and Rachel Peragallo Urrutia, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
J Clin Oncol 31:4188-98. 2013..To estimate the risks of ovarian cancer and breast cancer associated with oral contraceptive (OC) use among women at elevated risk owing to mutations in BRCA1/2 or a strong family history...
- Correlates of expected positive and negative support for smoking cessation among a sample of chronically ill veteransLaura J Fish
Cancer Prevention, Detection and Control Research Program, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC 2715, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Addict Behav 37:135-8. 2012..To examine demographic, relationship, and smoking history factors related to expected positive and negative support for quitting smoking among chronically ill veterans...
- Multifamily group treatment for veterans with traumatic brain injury: what is the value to participants?Kristy Straits-Troster
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:541-6. 2013....
- Oral contraceptive pills as primary prevention for ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisLaura J Havrilesky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Obstet Gynecol 122:139-47. 2013..To estimate the overall reduction in ovarian cancer risk associated with the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) and whether reduction in risk is affected by specifics of OCP use, such as formulation or duration of use...