Jennifer M Gierisch
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Smoking cessation interventions for patients with depression: a systematic review and meta-analysisJennifer M Gierisch
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veteran Affairs Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:351-60. 2012..e., history positive vs. current depression), and differential effects by gender...
- Tobacco use among Iraq- and Afghanistan-era veterans: a qualitative study of barriers, facilitators, and treatment preferencesJennifer M Gierisch
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center 152, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E58. 2012..Our study objective was to elicit perspectives of Iraq- and Afghanistan-era veterans who had not yet quit smoking postdeployment to inform the development of smoking cessation services for this veteran cohort...
- Factors associated with annual-interval mammography for women in their 40sJennifer M Gierisch
Department of General Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Cancer Epidemiol 33:72-8. 2009..Few studies have assessed predictors of repeat mammography on an annual interval among these women...
- Longitudinal predictors of nonadherence to maintenance of mammographyJennifer M Gierisch
Duke University Medical Center Division of General Internal Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1103-11. 2010..However, mammography maintenance is uncommon and little is known about why women do not maintain regular screening schedules. We investigated longitudinal predictors of women not maintaining adherence...
- Standard definitions of adherence for infrequent yet repeated health behaviorsJennifer M Gierisch
Duke University Division of General Internal Medicine, Durham VAMC Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham, NC 27701, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:669-79. 2010..To present common language for defining adherence of infrequent yet repeated health behaviors...
- Finding the minimal intervention needed for sustained mammography adherenceJennifer M Gierisch
Division of General Internal Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VAMC, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:334-44. 2010..Regular adherence to mammography screening saves lives, yet few women receive regular mammograms...
- Correlates of expected positive and negative support for smoking cessation among a sample of chronically ill veteransLaura J Fish
Cancer Prevention, Detection and Control Research Program, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC 2715, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Addict Behav 37:135-8. 2012..To examine demographic, relationship, and smoking history factors related to expected positive and negative support for quitting smoking among chronically ill veterans...
- Oral contraceptives and risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer among high-risk women: a systematic review and meta-analysisPatricia G Moorman
Patricia G Moorman, Laura J Havrilesky, Jennifer M Gierisch, Remy R Coeytaux, William J Lowery, Vic Hasselblad, and Evan R Myers, Duke University School of Medicine Laura J Havrilesky, Duke Cancer Institute, Duke University Health System Jennifer M Gierisch, Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center Jennifer M Gierisch, Remy R Coeytaux, Michaela Dinan, Amanda J McBroom, and Gillian D Sanders, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham and Rachel Peragallo Urrutia, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC
J Clin Oncol 31:4188-98. 2013..To estimate the risks of ovarian cancer and breast cancer associated with oral contraceptive (OC) use among women at elevated risk owing to mutations in BRCA1/2 or a strong family history...
- Multifamily group treatment for veterans with traumatic brain injury: what is the value to participants?Kristy Straits-Troster
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:541-6. 2013....