Christina M Gibson-Davis
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Magic moment? Maternal marriage for children born out of wedlockChristina Gibson-Davis
Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, PO Box 90245, Durham, NC, 27708, USA
Demography 51:1345-56. 2014..Yet relatively few children born out of wedlock experienced stable, biological-parent marriages as envisioned by marriage promotion programs. ..
- Couples' immigration status and ethnicity as determinants of breastfeedingChristina M Gibson-Davis
Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy, Duke University, PO Box 90245, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Am J Public Health 96:641-6. 2006..We investigated how couples' immigration status and ethnicity determined the decision to initiate breastfeeding and to breastfeed at 6 months...
- Breastfeeding and verbal ability of 3-year-olds in a multicity sampleChristina M Gibson-Davis
Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy, Duke University, PO Box 90245, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1444-51. 2006....
- Early childhood family structure and mother-child interactions: variation by race and ethnicityChristina M Gibson-Davis
Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, PO Box 90245, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Dev Psychol 46:151-64. 2010..Results suggest that marriage may not be uniformly associated with higher levels of mother-child interactions and that cohabitation, particularly for Hispanics, may be associated with adverse outcomes...
- Connecting child care quality to child outcomes: drawing policy lessons from nonexperimental dataGreg J Duncan
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Eval Rev 30:611-30. 2006..Finally, it discusses the need to translate "effect sizes" derived from these studies into the kinds of cost and benefit information needed by policy makers...