Charles A Gersbach
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Klann T, Crawford G, Reddy T, Gersbach C. Screening Regulatory Element Function with CRISPR/Cas9-based Epigenome Editing. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1767:447-480 pubmed publisher..This protocol will be generally useful for implementing genome engineering technologies for high-throughput functional annotation of putative regulatory elements in their native chromosomal context. ..
- Nelson C, Hakim C, Ousterout D, Thakore P, Moreb E, Castellanos Rivera R, et al. In vivo genome editing improves muscle function in a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Science. 2016;351:403-7 pubmed publisher..This work establishes CRISPR-Cas9-based genome editing as a potential therapy to treat DMD. ..
- Thakore P, Kwon J, Nelson C, Rouse D, Gemberling M, Oliver M, et al. RNA-guided transcriptional silencing in vivo with S. aureus CRISPR-Cas9 repressors. Nat Commun. 2018;9:1674 pubmed publisher..In vivo programmable gene silencing enables studies that link gene regulation to complex phenotypes and expands the CRISPR-Cas9 perturbation toolbox for basic research and gene therapy applications. ..
- Thakore P, Gersbach C. Design, Assembly, and Characterization of TALE-Based Transcriptional Activators and Repressors. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1338:71-88 pubmed publisher..These methods for engineering TALE-TFs are useful for studies in reverse genetics and genomics, synthetic biology, and gene therapy. ..
- Ousterout D, Gersbach C. The Development of TALE Nucleases for Biotechnology. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1338:27-42 pubmed publisher..The current status of genome editing and future directions for other uses of these technologies are also discussed. ..
- Adkar S, Brunger J, Willard V, Wu C, Gersbach C, Guilak F. Genome Engineering for Personalized Arthritis Therapeutics. Trends Mol Med. 2017;23:917-931 pubmed publisher..We also review the potential contributions of genome engineering in the development of new arthritis therapeutics. ..