Michael T Forrester
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Bacterial flavohemoglobin: a molecular tool to probe mammalian nitric oxide biologyMichael T Forrester
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Scientist Training Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biotechniques 50:41-5. 2011..This technique boosts endogenous cellular consumption of NO, thus providing a simple and efficacious approach to studying mammalian NO biology that can be employed as both a primary experimental and confirmatory tool...
- Proteomic analysis of the NOS2 interactome in human airway epithelial cellsMatthew W Foster
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Duke University Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27710, United States Electronic address
Nitric Oxide 34:37-46. 2013..Collectively, these findings demonstrate the general utility of interaction proteomics for defining new aspects of NOS2 physiology...
- Thioredoxin-mediated denitrosylation regulates cytokine-induced nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) activationZachary T Kelleher
From the Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710 and
J Biol Chem 289:3066-72. 2014..These data thus link stimulus-coupled activation of NF-κB to a specific, protein-targeted denitrosylation mechanism and further highlight the importance of S-nitrosylation in the regulation of the immune response. ..
- Solid-phase capture for the detection and relative quantification of S-nitrosoproteins by mass spectrometryJ Will Thompson
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, United States
Methods 62:130-7. 2013..This article therefore serves as a starting point and guide for the MS-focused exploration of SNO-proteomes by SNO-RAC. ..
- A protein microarray-based analysis of S-nitrosylationMatthew W Foster
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18948-53. 2009....
- Site-specific analysis of protein S-acylation by resin-assisted captureMichael T Forrester
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Lipid Res 52:393-8. 2011..Acyl-RAC should therefore find general applicability in studies of both global and individual protein S-acylation in mammalian cells...
- Thioredoxin-interacting protein (Txnip) is a feedback regulator of S-nitrosylationMichael T Forrester
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 284:36160-6. 2009..Our findings reveal that denitrosylation of proteins is dynamically regulated, establish a physiological role for thioredoxin in protection from nitrosative stress, and suggest new approaches to manipulate cellular S-nitrosylation...