H N Dawson
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Inhibition of neuronal maturation in primary hippocampal neurons from tau deficient miceH N Dawson
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710 and OSV, Inc, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Cell Sci 114:1179-87. 2001..The ability of human tau proteins to rescue tau-deficient mouse neurons confirms that tau expression affects the rate of neurite extension...
- The tau N279K exon 10 splicing mutation recapitulates frontotemporal dementia and parkinsonism linked to chromosome 17 tauopathy in a mouse modelHana N Dawson
Division of Neurology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 27:9155-68. 2007..Additionally, activated caspase-3 immunoreactivity in both neurons and astrocytes implicates the involvement of the apoptotic pathway in the pathology of these mice...
- Loss of tau elicits axonal degeneration in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseH N Dawson
Division of Neurology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuroscience 169:516-31. 2010..1993; Terry, 1996; Stokin et al., 2005), and our current data suggests that loss of tau function may lead to neurodegeneration...
- Quantitative measurement of postural sway in mouse models of human neurodegenerative diseaseD Hutchinson
Division of Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 2900, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuroscience 148:825-32. 2007..The CoP assay provides a simple, sensitive and quantitative tool to detect motor deficits resulting from postural abnormalities in mice and may be useful in understanding the underlying mechanisms of disease...
- Traumatic brain injury exacerbates neurodegenerative pathology: improvement with an apolipoprotein E-based therapeuticDaniel T Laskowitz
Department of Medicine Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:1983-95. 2010..These results demonstrate that TBI accelerates the cardinal neuropathological features of neurodegenerative disease, and establishes the potential for apoE mimetic therapies in reducing pathology associated with neurodegeneration...
- Tau is essential to beta -amyloid-induced neurotoxicityMark Rapoport
Institute for Neuroscience, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6364-9. 2002..In addition, the analysis of the composition of the cytoskeleton of tau-depleted neurons suggested that the formation of more dynamic microtubules might confer resistance to Abeta-mediated neurodegeneration...
- Role of MAP1B in axonal retrograde transport of mitochondriaEva Maria Jimenez-Mateos
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Campus de Cantoblanco, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Biochem J 397:53-9. 2006....