Robert A Cramer
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Disruption of a nonribosomal peptide synthetase in Aspergillus fumigatus eliminates gliotoxin productionRobert A Cramer
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:972-80. 2006..This result suggests that gliotoxin is not required for virulence in an immunosuppressed host with an invasive pulmonary infection...
- Phylogenomic analysis of non-ribosomal peptide synthetases in the genus AspergillusRobert A Cramer
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gene 383:24-32. 2006..Further analysis of these genes and their peptide products may identify important roles for secondary metabolites produced by NRPS in Aspergillus physiology, ecology, and fungal pathogenicity...
- Aspergillus fumigatus calcipressin CbpA is involved in hyphal growth and calcium homeostasisNadthanan Pinchai
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 8:511-9. 2009..fumigatus and provides evidence that CbpA may serve as a feedback inhibitor in some aspects of calcineurin functions...
- Calcineurin target CrzA regulates conidial germination, hyphal growth, and pathogenesis of Aspergillus fumigatusRobert A Cramer
Duke University Medical Center, Box 3499, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:1085-97. 2008..In addition, the importance of CrzA to the production of disease is critical, and thus CrzA is an attractive fungus-specific antifungal target for the treatment of invasive aspergillosis...
- Calcineurin inhibition or mutation enhances cell wall inhibitors against Aspergillus fumigatusWilliam J Steinbach
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2979-81. 2007..Quantification of 1,3-beta-d-glucan revealed decreased amounts in the calcineurin A (DeltacnaA) mutant. Calcineurin can be an excellent adjunct therapeutic target in combination with other cell wall inhibitors against A. fumigatus...
- Harnessing calcineurin as a novel anti-infective agent against invasive fungal infectionsWilliam J Steinbach
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 5:418-30. 2007..This Review summarizes our current understanding of calcineurin biology in these fungal species, and its exciting potential role in treating invasive fungal infections...
- Calcineurin controls growth, morphology, and pathogenicity in Aspergillus fumigatusWilliam J Steinbach
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Box 3499, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:1091-103. 2006..Our findings reveal that calcineurin appears to play a globally conserved role in the virulence of several pathogenic fungi and yet plays specialized roles in each and can be an excellent target for therapeutic intervention...
- Identification of Alternaria brassicicola genes expressed in planta during pathogenesis of Arabidopsis thalianaRobert A Cramer
Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 41:115-28. 2004..The results of this study provide the first insight into genes expressed during A. brassicicola infection of Brassica species that may be involved in fungal pathogenesis...
- Transcriptional regulation of chemical diversity in Aspergillus fumigatus by LaeARobyn M Perrin
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 3:e50. 2007..Our findings suggest that LaeA is a novel target for comprehensive modification of chemical diversity and pathogenicity...
- The Fus3/Kss1 MAP kinase homolog Amk1 regulates the expression of genes encoding hydrolytic enzymes in Alternaria brassicicolaYangrae Cho
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 44:543-53. 2007..These results imply a correlation between virulence and the expression level of specific hydrolytic enzyme genes plus the presence of an unidentified pathway controlling these genes in addition to or in conjunction with the Amk1 pathway...
- Alt a 1 allergen homologs from Alternaria and related taxa: analysis of phylogenetic content and secondary structureSoon Gyu Hong
Division of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 42:119-29. 2005....
- Cloning of a gene encoding an Alt a 1 isoallergen differentially expressed by the necrotrophic fungus Alternaria brassicicola during Arabidopsis infectionRobert A Cramer
Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523 1177, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:2361-4. 2003..brassicicola, designated Alt b 1. This isoallergen is differentially expressed during fungal pathogenesis on Arabidopsis, suggesting a possible biological role in pathogenesis...