Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Effect of genetic testing for risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus on health behaviors and outcomes: study rationale, development and designAlex H Cho
Center for Personalized Medicine, Duke University, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:16. 2012....
- Follow-up care after a diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection in an Asian immigrant cohortAlex Cho
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, and Division of General Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:29-32. 2006..To study the rate at which Helicobacter pylori infection is treated in an immigrant cohort after diagnosis by esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)...
- Acceptance of repeat esophagogastroduodenoscopy to detect gastric cancer in a Chinese immigrant cohortAlex Cho
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:606-11. 2006..To study the feasibility of using repeat esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) to screen for Helicobacter pylori infection and gastric cancer in an Asian immigrant cohort...
- Does participatory decision making improve hypertension self-care behaviors and outcomes?Alex H Cho
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Vetterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:330-6. 2007..No relationship between PDM score and blood pressure control was observed...
- Do diabetic veterans use the Internet? Self-reported usage, skills, and interest in using My HealtheVet Web portalAlex H Cho
Division of General Internal Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Telemed J E Health 16:595-602. 2010..The objective of this study was to measure diabetic veterans' access to and use of the Internet, and their interest in using MHV to help manage their diabetes...
- Does Type 2 Diabetes Genetic Testing and Counseling Reduce Modifiable Risk Factors? A Randomized Controlled Trial of VeteransCorrine I Voils
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC, 27705, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:1591-8. 2015..We examined the clinical utility of supplementing type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) risk counseling with DM genetic test results and counseling...
- Examining the impact of genetic testing for type 2 diabetes on health behaviors: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialCorrine I Voils
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Trials 13:121. 2012....
- Genomic risk profiling: attitudes and use in personal and clinical care of primary care physicians who offer risk profilingSusanne B Haga
Duke Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:834-40. 2011..There is considerable controversy as to how, and even whether, to incorporate these tests into routine medical care...
- Evaluation of the PharmGKB knowledge base as a resource for efficiently assessing the clinical validity and utility of pharmacogenetic assaysKensaku Kawamoto
Division of Clinical Informatics, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2009:307-11. 2009..Thus, we conclude that PharmGKB can facilitate the systematic assessment of pharmacogenetic assays through the efficient identification of relevant peer-reviewed manuscripts...