S D Berkowitz
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Occurrence and clinical significance of thrombocytopenia in a population undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary revascularization. Evaluation of c7E3 for the Prevention of Ischemic Complications (EPIC) Study GroupS D Berkowitz
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:311-9. 1998....
- Economic assessment of low-molecular-weight heparin (enoxaparin) versus unfractionated heparin in acute coronary syndrome patients: results from the ESSENCE randomized trial. Efficacy and Safety of Subcutaneous Enoxaparin in Non-Q wave Coronary Events [unD B Mark
Clinical Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circulation 97:1702-7. 1998..No increase in major bleeding was seen...
- Current knowledge of the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonists for the treatment of coronary artery diseaseS D Berkowitz
Division of Hematology, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Haemostasis 30:27-43. 2000..They are well tolerated and safe, provided concomitant use with other antithrombotics (e.g. heparin) is carefully managed and platelet counts are monitored...
- Comparison of two aspirin doses on ischemic stroke in post-myocardial infarction patients in the warfarin (Coumadin) Aspirin Reinfarction Study (CARS)C M O'Connor
Department of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Cardiol 88:541-6. 2001..The results of this secondary analysis suggest that aspirin 160 mg is more effective than aspirin 80 mg + warfarin 1 mg in preventing ischemic stroke in post-myocardial infarction patients...
- Prospective comparison of hemorrhagic complications after treatment with enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin for unstable angina pectoris or non-ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarctionS D Berkowitz
Duke University Medical Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Cardiol 88:1230-4. 2001....