Andrew J Armstrong
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Armstrong A, Halabi S, Eisen T, Broderick S, Stadler W, Jones R, et al. Everolimus versus sunitinib for patients with metastatic non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ASPEN): a multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17:378-88 pubmed publisher..Future trials of novel agents should account for heterogeneity in disease outcomes based on genetic, histological, and prognostic factors. Novartis and Pfizer. ..
- Austin R, Huang T, Wu M, Armstrong A, Zhang T. Clinical utility of non-EpCAM based circulating tumor cell assays. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2018;125:132-142 pubmed publisher..In addition, we address challenges that remain for the clinical translation of these platforms. ..
- Armstrong A, Eisenberger M, Halabi S, Oudard S, Nanus D, Petrylak D, et al. Biomarkers in the management and treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Eur Urol. 2012;61:549-59 pubmed publisher..A greater understanding of biomarkers in CRPC permits a more personalized approach to care that maximizes benefit and minimizes harm and can inform clinical trials tailored to men most likely to derive benefit. ..
- Armstrong A, George D, Halabi S. Serum lactate dehydrogenase predicts for overall survival benefit in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with inhibition of mammalian target of rapamycin. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:3402-7 pubmed publisher..Further investigation of the predictive role of LDH as a measure of benefit with PI3K/TORC1 pathway inhibition in other RCC risk groups and other tumor types is warranted. ..
- Zhang T, Boominathan R, Foulk B, Rao C, Kemeny G, Strickler J, et al. Development of a Novel c-MET-Based CTC Detection Platform. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:539-47 pubmed publisher..This study developed a novel c-MET CTC assay for detecting c-MET CTCs in patients with MET amplification and warrants further investigation to determine its clinical applicability. Mol Cancer Res; 14(6); 539-47. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Gupta S, Li J, Kemeny G, Bitting R, Beaver J, Somarelli J, et al. Whole Genomic Copy Number Alterations in Circulating Tumor Cells from Men with Abiraterone or Enzalutamide-Resistant Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:1346-1357 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(5); 1346-57. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Armstrong A, Halabi S, Healy P, Alumkal J, Winters C, Kephart J, et al. Phase II trial of the PI3 kinase inhibitor buparlisib (BKM-120) with or without enzalutamide in men with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2017;81:228-236 pubmed publisher..Future studies of PI3K pathway inhibitors with concurrent enzalutamide should develop optimal dosing and focus on selected patients more likely to benefit. ..
- Humeniuk M, Gupta R, Healy P, McNamara M, Ramalingam S, Harrison M, et al. Platinum sensitivity in metastatic prostate cancer: does histology matter?. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2018;21:92-99 pubmed publisher..Molecular predictors, such as germline or somatic mutations in DNA repair enzymes, should be evaluated for platinum responsiveness. ..