- Risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation in relation to body mass indexSascha Dublin
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:2322-8. 2006..It is also unknown to what extent cardiovascular risk factors may mediate this association...
- Diabetes mellitus, glycemic control, and risk of atrial fibrillationSascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:853-8. 2010..Diabetes may be an independent risk factor for atrial fibrillation. However, results from prior studies are in conflict, and no study has examined diabetes duration or glycemic control...
- Use of opioids or benzodiazepines and risk of pneumonia in older adults: a population-based case-control studySascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:1899-907. 2011..To examine whether use of opioids or benzodiazepines is associated with risk of community-acquired pneumonia in older adults...
- Antihypertensive treatment with ACE inhibitors or beta-blockers and risk of incident atrial fibrillation in a general hypertensive populationSusan R Heckbert
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:538-44. 2009..Information is scant about the association of beta-blocker use with AF risk in hypertensive patients without heart failure...
- Atrial fibrillation and risk of dementia: a prospective cohort studySascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:1369-75. 2011..To determine whether atrial fibrillation (AF) is associated with risk of incident dementia or Alzheimer's disease (AD), beyond its effect on stroke...
- Short-term and long-term risk of incident ischemic stroke after transient ischemic attackEvan L Thacker
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash, USA
Stroke 41:239-43. 2010..We sought to estimate short-term and long-term relative risks of ischemic stroke associated with clinically diagnosed TIA...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor use and pneumonia risk in community-dwelling older adults: results from a population-based case-control studySascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:1173-82. 2012..To test whether angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor use is associated with decreased risk of community-acquired pneumonia in older adults...
- Newly detected atrial fibrillation and compliance with antithrombotic guidelinesNicole L Glazer
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, 1730 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:246-52. 2007..Our objective was to assess compliance with antithrombotic guidelines and to identify patient characteristics associated with warfarin use...
- Meta-analysis of probiotics for the treatment of irritable bowel syndromeLynne V McFarland
Department of Health Services Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle WA 98101, United States
World J Gastroenterol 14:2650-61. 2008..Probiotics warrant further study as a potential therapy for IBS...
- A systematic review of validated methods for identifying atrial fibrillation using administrative dataPaul N Jensen
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:141-7. 2012..The objectives of this study were to characterize the validity of algorithms to identify AF from electronic health data through a systematic review of the literature and to identify gaps needing further research...
- Use of proton pump inhibitors and H2 blockers and risk of pneumonia in older adults: a population-based case-control studySascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:792-802. 2010..To examine whether use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and H2 blockers is associated with increased pneumonia risk...
- Histamine-2 receptor antagonist use and incident dementia in an older cohortShelly L Gray
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:251-7. 2011..To examine whether histamine-2 receptor antagonist medications (H2RAs) are associated with a lower incidence of all-cause dementia or Alzheimer's disease (AD), as some studies have suggested...
- Cimetidine use and the risk for prostate cancer: results from the VITAL cohort studyChristine M Velicer
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:895-900. 2006..Increased risk for men filling more than 20 cimetidine prescriptions was reported previously. We examined the association between cimetidine use and prostate cancer risk in a cohort in western Washington State...
- Amount of leisure-time physical activity and risk of nonfatal myocardial infarctionGina S Lovasi
Columbia University, Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy, New York, NY 10027, USA
Ann Epidemiol 17:410-6. 2007..To investigate the shape of the relation between amount of leisure-time physical activity (LTPA) and myocardial infarction (MI) risk...
- Risk of epithelial ovarian cancer in relation to use of antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and other centrally acting medicationsSascha Dublin
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Cancer Causes Control 13:35-45. 2002..An increased risk of ovarian cancer among users of antidepressants and benzodiazepines has been observed in some but not all prior studies. We examined these associations in a population-based case-control study...