David H Dreyfus
- A review of recent patents concerning therapy of respiratory diseases using gene silencing by RNAi (RISC) and EGS (RNAse P)David H Dreyfus
Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine and Medical Director, Founder Keren Pharmaceutical Inc, 488 Norton Parkway, New Haven CT 06511, USA
Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov 1:49-55. 2007..The possibility of therapy designed exploit synergies between both RISC and RNAse P and therapeutic benefits of inhibiting either or both pathways are also considered...
- Analysis of an ankyrin-like region in Epstein Barr Virus encoded (EBV) BZLF-1 (ZEBRA) protein: implications for interactions with NF-κB and p53David H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Yale SOM, 488 Norton Parkway, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Virol J 8:422. 2011..These interactions may play a role in immunopathology and viral carcinogenesis in B lymphocytes as well as other cell types transiently infected by EBV such as T lymphocytes, macrophages and epithelial cells...
- Anaphylaxis to latex in patients without identified risk factors for latex allergyDavid H Dreyfus
Waterbury Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, Waterbury, CT, USA
Conn Med 68:217-22. 2004..Clinicians should consider the diagnosis of latex allergy in all cases of anaphylaxis without identified causes, even in patients without identified risk factors for latex allergy...
- An RNA external guide sequence ribozyme targeting human interleukin-4 receptor alpha mRNADavid H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, 488 Norton Parkway, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 4:1015-27. 2004..Potential applications of inhaled RNA oligonucleotides in therapy of pulmonary and related systemic diseases are discussed...
- Modulation of p53 activity by IkappaBalpha: evidence suggesting a common phylogeny between NF-kappaB and p53 transcription factorsDavid H Dreyfus
Division of Basic Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Medical Research Center, Denver, CO 80262 USA
BMC Immunol 6:12. 2005..Interactions between the two proteins, both direct and indirect, have been noted previously and the two proteins play central roles in the control of proliferation and apoptosis...
- Characterization of an anaphylactoid reaction to omalizumabDavid H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 96:624-7. 2006..A contraindication to therapy with omalizumab is allergy to the medication or previous immediate-type hypersensitivity or anaphylaxis to omalizumab or similar medications...
- The DDE recombinases: diverse roles in acquired and innate immunityDavid H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:567-76; quiz 576-8, 602. 2006..A similar DDE-like magnesium binding site also is present in transposases, retroviral integrases, and the innate antiviral response enzymes RNAse H and RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC)...
- Autoimmune disease: A role for new anti-viral therapies?David H Dreyfus
Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, United States
Autoimmun Rev 11:88-97. 2011..Other novel anti-viral therapies of chronic autoimmune diseases, such as retroviral integrase inhibitors, could be effective, although not without risk...
- Paleo-immunology: evidence consistent with insertion of a primordial herpes virus-like element in the origins of acquired immunityDavid H Dreyfus
Allergy and Clinical Immunology Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine New Haven, New Haven, CT, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5778. 2009..Catalytic activities of the RAG proteins are related to the recombinase functions of a pre-existing mobile DNA element in the DDE recombinase/RNAse H family, sometimes termed the "RAG transposon"...
- The syndrome of thyroid autoimmunity and idiopathic chronic urticaria and angioedema presenting as anaphylaxisDavid H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Waterbury Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, Waterbury, Connecticut, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 24:171-4. 2003....
- Gene silencing in the therapy of influenza and other respiratory diseases: Targeting to RNase P by use of External Guide Sequences (EGS)David H Dreyfus
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Biologics 1:425-32. 2007..Furthermore, EGS could be adapted to target other respiratory diseases of viral etiology as well as conditions such as asthma...
- Observations on the mechanism of omalizumab as a steroid-sparing agent in autoimmune or chronic idiopathic urticaria and angioedemaDavid H Dreyfus
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:624-5. 2008