B D Waterhouse
Affiliation: Drexel University
- Differential modulatory effects of norepinephrine on synaptically driven responses of layer V barrel field cortical neuronsB D Waterhouse
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP Hahnemann University, 3200 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Brain Res 868:39-47. 2000..These results suggest that NE exerts different modulatory actions on different electrophysiologically-defined classes of layer V sensory cortical neurons...
- Effects of repeated 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine administration on neurotransmitter efflux and sensory-evoked discharge in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:73-82. 2012....
- Phasic activation of the locus coeruleus enhances responses of primary sensory cortical neurons to peripheral receptive field stimulationB D Waterhouse
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Brain Res 790:33-44. 1998..Overall, these data suggest that following phasic activation of the LC efferent system, the efficacy of signal transmission through sensory networks in mammalian brain is enhanced...
- Systemically administered cocaine alters stimulus-evoked responses of thalamic somatosensory neurons to perithreshold vibrissae stimulationJ J Rutter
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA 19102 1192, USA
Brain Res 798:7-17. 1998..These results suggest that cocaine-induced increases in norepinephrine and serotonin are responsible for drug-related modulation of the transfer of sensory signals through primary thalamocortical relay circuits...
- Topographic organization and neurochemical identity of dorsal raphe neurons that project to the trigeminal somatosensory pathway in the ratM L Kirifides
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP-Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
J Comp Neurol 435:325-40. 2001..Taken together, these findings provide further evidence of neurochemical specificity and functional anatomical organization within the DR efferent projection system...
- MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)-mediated distortion of somatosensory signal transmission and neurotransmitter efflux in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:20-31. 2008....
- A matter of focus: monoaminergic modulation of stimulus coding in mammalian sensory networksL M Hurley
1001 East Third Street, Jordan Hall Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 14:488-95. 2004....