B D Waterhouse
Affiliation: Drexel University
- Differential modulatory effects of norepinephrine on synaptically driven responses of layer V barrel field cortical neuronsB D Waterhouse
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP Hahnemann University, 3200 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Brain Res 868:39-47. 2000..These results suggest that NE exerts different modulatory actions on different electrophysiologically-defined classes of layer V sensory cortical neurons...
- Effects of repeated 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine administration on neurotransmitter efflux and sensory-evoked discharge in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:73-82. 2012....
- Phasic activation of the locus coeruleus enhances responses of primary sensory cortical neurons to peripheral receptive field stimulationB D Waterhouse
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Brain Res 790:33-44. 1998..Overall, these data suggest that following phasic activation of the LC efferent system, the efficacy of signal transmission through sensory networks in mammalian brain is enhanced...
- Systemically administered cocaine alters stimulus-evoked responses of thalamic somatosensory neurons to perithreshold vibrissae stimulationJ J Rutter
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA 19102 1192, USA
Brain Res 798:7-17. 1998..These results suggest that cocaine-induced increases in norepinephrine and serotonin are responsible for drug-related modulation of the transfer of sensory signals through primary thalamocortical relay circuits...
- Topographic organization and neurochemical identity of dorsal raphe neurons that project to the trigeminal somatosensory pathway in the ratM L Kirifides
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP-Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
J Comp Neurol 435:325-40. 2001..Taken together, these findings provide further evidence of neurochemical specificity and functional anatomical organization within the DR efferent projection system...
- Selective suppression of excitatory synapses on GABAergic interneurons by norepinephrine in juvenile rat prefrontal cortical microcircuitryH X Wang
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, United States
Neuroscience 246:312-28. 2013..These results indicate that, depending on the postsynaptic targets, the effects of NE in prefrontal cortex are synapse-specific, at least in the juvenile animals...
- MDMA (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)-mediated distortion of somatosensory signal transmission and neurotransmitter efflux in the ventral posterior medial thalamusM A Starr
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:20-31. 2008..Based on these results, we propose the working hypothesis that MDMA may "distort" rather than enhance tactile experiences in humans, in part, by disrupting normal spike firing patterns through somatosensory thalamic relay circuits...
- A matter of focus: monoaminergic modulation of stimulus coding in mammalian sensory networksL M Hurley
1001 East Third Street, Jordan Hall Biology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 14:488-95. 2004....