Affiliation: Drexel University
- Women and attention deficit disorders: a great burden overlookedRoberta Waite
Center for Health Disparities Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:116-25. 2007....
- Adults with ADHD: who are we missing?Roberta Waite
Drexel University, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:670-8. 2010....
- Childhood trauma and adult self-reported depressionRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary, Research Unit, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
ABNF J 23:8-13. 2012..Discernment that ACEs lead to risk behaviors that subsequently increase the likelihood of depression could provide insight that can improve prevention efforts...
- The psychiatric educational experiences of advance beginner RNsRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Mail Stop 501, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Nurse Educ Today 26:131-8. 2006..This study suggests that some nursing educational programs can improve their curriculum, methods of teaching and approach used to introduce students to psychiatric mental health nursing...
- A model for parental ADHD: help-seeking and readiness to changeRoberta Waite
Drexel University, School of Nursing, 1505 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:793-803. 2010..A model for conceptualizing and addressing issues of readiness for change for parents with ADHD is also proposed...
- Assessment for and response to adverse childhood experiencesRoberta Waite
College of Nursing and Health Professions, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Doctoral Nursing Department, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 48:51-61. 2010..In addition, screening measures for ACEs will be presented, along with discussion about ethical responsibilities of health professionals and researchers in asking about abuse...
- Explanatory models and help-seeking behavior for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder among a cohort of postsecondary studentsRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 24:247-59. 2010..These finding have implications for nurses when providing culturally appropriate care to individuals with ADHD in their practice settings...
- Women with ADHD: it is an explanation, not the excuse du jourRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 46:182-96. 2010..To call attention to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a psychiatric disorder that can limit women's potential and overall well-being...
- ADHD among a cohort of ethnic minority womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Women Health 50:71-87. 2010..Broader criteria that demonstrate equitable assessment and recognition of attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder symptoms for both genders are requisite to promote effective interventions and recovery...
- Unveiling the mystery about adult ADHD: one woman's journeyRoberta Waite
School of Nursing, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:547-53. 2009..This case example of a 38-year-old African American woman illustrates how her life journey was affected by undiagnosed ADHD...
- Perspectives about depression: explanatory models among African-American womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 23:323-33. 2009..Data was organized and managed with Atlas/ti 5.12, while content analysis was used to disclose the relevant themes presented in the paper...
- Health beliefs about depression among African American womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 44:185-95. 2008..A qualitative descriptive research study was conducted to explore the health beliefs of African American women and depression to improve insight regarding treatment decisions...
- Factors that shape mental health treatment-seeking behaviors of HIV-positive African-American women with depressive symptoms: a review of the literatureRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, 1505 Race Street, Mail Stop 1030, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 19:50-8. 2008..Knowledge gained from this paper can support the promotion of health and can prevent or manage depressive symptoms among this vulnerable group...
- Promoting culturally sensitive ADHD services for women: an individual example and a call to actionRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19064, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 47:26-33. 2009..The purpose of this article is to provide a research overview of adult ADHD and to share a reflective life journey of an African American woman who was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult...
- Cultural proficiency: a Hispanic woman with ADHD--a case exampleRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, USA
J Atten Disord 13:424-32. 2010..Diagnostic criteria may therefore be limited, especially regarding gender differences and other associated cultural, familial, socio-environmental, and individual influences...
- The standardized patient experience in undergraduate nursing educationLinda Wilson
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:830. 2006..This requirement has resulted in positive student outcomes and increased student satisfaction...
- Providers' perspectives on collaborationPatricia Bruner
Department Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Integr Care 11:e123. 2011..clinical nurses, social workers, dental providers, mental health providers, clerical staff, medical assistants, public health staff, and administrators) within a federally qualified nurse managed health care centre in the United States...
- Culturally sensitive collaborative care models: exploration of a community-based health centerPatricia Bruner
Department of Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Fam Syst Health 29:155-70. 2011....
- The gift of listening: JUST listening strategiesSharon Browning
JUST Listening Project, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nurs Forum 45:150-8. 2010..Given the significant role that advance practice nurses have in directing patient care, integrative listening can be valuable in shaping patient care...
- Patient-provider race-concordance: does it matter in improving minority patients' health outcomes?Salimah H Meghani
NewCourtland Center for Transitions and Health, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ethn Health 14:107-30. 2009..To understand if patient-provider race-concordance is associated with improved health outcomes for minorities...
- Social energy exchange theory for postpartum depressionBobbie Posmontier
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Transcult Nurs 22:15-21. 2011....