B Brent Simmons
Affiliation: Drexel University College of Medicine
- Current guidelines on antiplatelet agents for secondary prevention of noncardiogenic stroke: an evidence-based reviewB Brent Simmons
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Postgrad Med 122:49-53. 2010..The American Stroke Association and American Heart Association have clear recommendations on how to utilize these agents...
- Evaluation of suspected dementiaB Brent Simmons
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19127, USA
Am Fam Physician 84:895-902. 2011..A second visit should include a Mini-Mental State Examination, Geriatric Depression Scale, and verbal fluency and clock drawing tests, if not previously completed...
- Aspirin + clopidogrel therapy: how does your care compare to the evidence?B Brent Simmons
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Fam Pract 57:26-32. 2008
- Transient Ischemic Attack: Part II. Risk Factor Modification and TreatmentB Brent Simmons
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am Fam Physician 86:527-32. 2012..For those with transient ischemic attack and carotid artery stenosis, carotid endarterectomy is recommended if stenosis is 70 to 99 percent, and perioperative morbidity and mortality are estimated to be less than 6 percent...
- Students who participate in a student-run free health clinic need education about access to care issuesB Brent Simmons
Dept of Family Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19127, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:964-8. 2009..Most students did not know how to get uninsured patients ongoing care or medications outside of the student-run clinic. A large majority of students desired an orientation addressing these issues...