Chavis A Patterson
Affiliation: Drexel University
- Sleep patterns in pediatric sickle cell diseaseLauren C Daniel
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:501-7. 2010..The purpose of the current study was to compare sleep patterns and sleep behaviors in children with SCD and healthy controls and examine the associations of demographic and disease factors with sleep in the SCD group...
- Quality of life among adolescents with sickle cell disease: mediation of pain by internalizing symptoms and parenting stressLamia P Barakat
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:60. 2008..This study aimed to clarify associations between pain, psychological adjustment, and family functioning with health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in a sample of adolescents with sickle cell disease (SCD) utilizing teen- and parent-report...
- Parental problem-solving abilities and the association of sickle cell disease complications with health-related quality of life for school-age childrenLamia P Barakat
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3501 Civic Center Blvd, 10303 CTRB, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 21:56-65. 2014....
- Health-related quality of life and adaptive behaviors of adolescents with sickle cell disease: stress processing moderatorsMaisa S Ziadni
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:335-44. 2011..Interventions to support an optimistic or hopeful outlook and improve adherence to recommendations for medical management of sickle cell pain may result in improved resilience/adaptive behavior...
- A prospective study of the role of coping and family functioning in health outcomes for adolescents with sickle cell diseaseLamia P Barakat
Department of Psychology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:752-60. 2007....
- Comparing abstract numerical and visual depictions of risk in survey of parental assessment of risk in sickle cell hydroxyurea treatmentChavis A Patterson
Marian Anderson Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, PA 19134, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 33:4-9. 2011..Given earlier concerns about poor "numeracy" in the US population, visual depictions of risk could be an effective tool for routine communication in health education and medical decision-making...