R P Malone
Affiliation: Drexel University
- A double-blind placebo-controlled study of lithium in hospitalized aggressive children and adolescents with conduct disorderR P Malone
Department of Psychiatry, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 57:649-54. 2000..Our study was designed to critically assess the efficacy of lithium in the treatment of aggression in children and adolescents using a measure specific for aggression...
- Olanzapine versus haloperidol in children with autistic disorder: an open pilot studyR P Malone
MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Biomedical Statistical Consulting, Wynnewood, PA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:887-94. 2001..Mean final dosages were 7.9+/-2.5 mg/day for olanzapine and 1.4+/-0.7 mg/day for haloperidol. Outcome measures included the Clinical Global Impressions (CGI) and the Children's Psychiatric Rating Scale (CPRS)...
- Risperidone treatment in children and adolescents with autism: short- and long-term safety and effectivenessRichard P Malone
MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:140-7. 2002..Many clinicians believe that risperidone will not induce dyskinesias in children. The authors investigated open risperidone treatment in children with autism and included findings on dyskinesias...
- Abnormal movements with the addition of clindamycin to risperidone in a girl with autismRichard P Malone
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 18:221-2. 2008
- Treatment recommendations for the use of antipsychotics for aggressive youth (TRAAY). Part IIElizabeth Pappadopulos
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:145-61. 2003..CONCLUSION: Until additional research from controlled trials becomes available, these evidence- and consensus-based treatment recommendations may be a useful approach to guide the use of antipsychotics in youth with aggression...
- Advances in drug treatments for children and adolescents with autism and other pervasive developmental disordersRichard P Malone
Department of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19124 8358, USA
CNS Drugs 19:923-34. 2005..In autism, alternative treatments have also been used, but none have shown benefit in well-designed studies...
- Consensus report on impulsive aggression as a symptom across diagnostic categories in child psychiatry: implications for medication studiesPeter S Jensen
Center for the Advancement of Children s Mental Health, Columbia University NYSPI 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 78, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:309-22. 2007..If so, how should IA be assessed, pharmacological studies designed, and ethical issues addressed?..
- Ziprasidone in adolescents with autism: an open-label pilot studyRichard P Malone
Department of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine, 4641 Roosevelt Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19124, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:779-90. 2007..The purpose of this study was to collect pilot data on the efficacy and safety of ziprasidone in adolescents with autism, focusing on safety issues of weight gain and QTc...