Marian M Haber
Affiliation: Drexel University
- Use of MIB-1 in the assessment of esophageal biopsy specimens from patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease in well- and poorly oriented areasMarian M Haber
Department of Pathology, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:128-33. 2002..MIB-1 staining can be assessed both in well- and poorly oriented areas as MIB-1% areas. Alternatively simply finding MIB-1 positive cells more than three cell layers from the basal layer is abnormal and consistent with GERD...
- Histologic precursors of gastrointestinal tract malignancyMarian M Haber
Department of Pathology, MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, Graduate Hospital, 1800 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 31:395-419. 2002..Recognition of the different classification systems of dysplasia, the most frequent settings in which these lesions are found, and their natural history is important for all practicing gastroenterologists and pathologists...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen elevation due to bowel sequestration with mucocele formation following colonic resectionMarian M Haber
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Graduate Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1376-9. 2003..After resection of the lesion, the CEA level normalized...
- Growth factor modulation of hepatic inflammation: a novel approach to the management of total parenteral nutrition-associated liver diseaseKeith A Thatch
St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, PA 19134, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:89-94. 2010..The most significant complication is progressive liver injury leading to liver failure. This study assesses the potential of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in modulating the hepatic response in a rat cholestatic liver injury model...
- Rab11a immunohistochemical analysis does not distinguish indefinite, low-, and high-grade dysplasia in Barrett esophagusMarie E Robert
Department of Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 124:519-27. 2005..Rab11a immunoreactivity did not enhance the diagnostic assessment of dysplasia in Barrett esophagus. The previously reported positive correlation of p53 immunoreactivity with the presence of dysplasia in Barrett esophagus was confirmed...
- Prostatic basal cells in the peripheral and transitional zones: zonal variation in morphology and in immunophenotypeFernando U Garcia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Prostate 67:1686-92. 2007..Basal cells from the transitional zone and from the peripheral zone are postulated to have different underlying biological properties. We studied basal cells in both prostatic zones...
- Increased sensitivity of anal cytology in evaluation of internal compared with external lesionsFernando U Garcia
Department of Pathology, Graduate Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Acta Cytol 51:893-9. 2007..To investigate the impact of keratin on the accuracy of internal and external anal brush sampling of known lesions...
- Growth factor manipulation of intestinal angiogenesis: a possible new paradigm in the management of inflammatory bowel diseaseKeith A Thatch
St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19134, USA
J Surg Res 156:245-9. 2009..This study was designed to assess the effect of HGF on the neovascularization and inflammation in IBD...
- Neuroendocrine adenoma of the middle ear (NAME)Karen Leong
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 88:874-9. 2009..A 29-year-old man presented with a history of recurrent otitis media, right conductive hearing loss, and aural fullness. The tumor was removed in its entirety. Otolaryngologists should be familiar with this unusual but important entity...
- Gastric biopsies: increasing the yieldMarian M Haber
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:160-5. 2007..Histologic evaluation can be enhanced by special stains, ancillary studies, and working knowledge of the diversity of diagnoses. Difficult cases are best managed by a combined clinicopathologic approach...
- Orbital lymphoma with concomitant sarcoid-like granulomasRaed S Behbehani
Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:458-61. 2005..Careful histopathologic examination and flow cytometric analysis are essential to avoid an erroneous diagnosis that could lead to inappropriate management...
- Are ulcers a marker for invasive carcinoma in Barrett's esophagus? Data from a diagnostic variability study with clinical follow-upElizabeth Montgomery
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:27-31. 2002..We correlated follow-up information from 138 patients with Barrett's esophagus and varying degrees of dysplasia with the presence of ulcers...