Amy L Drapalski
- A model of internalized stigma and its effects on people with mental illnessAmy L Drapalski
Veterans Affairs VA Capitol Network Veterans Integrated Service Network 5 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Maryland Healthcare System, MIRECC, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:264-9. 2013....
- Assessing recovery of people with serious mental illness: development of a new scaleAmy L Drapalski
Department of Veterans Affairs Capital Health Care Network, Veterans Integrated Service Network 5 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:48-53. 2012....
- Unmet needs of families of adults with mental illness and preferences regarding family servicesAmy L Drapalski
Veterans Integrated Service Network 5, Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:655-62. 2008..This study used a survey to assess the information and educational needs of family members of adults with mental illness and their preferences regarding how to address those needs...
- Perceived barriers to medical care and mental health care among veterans with serious mental illnessAmy L Drapalski
Veterans Affairs Capitol Network VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, 6A 157, VA Maryland Healthcare System, 10 North Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:921-4. 2008..This study examined perceived barriers to mental health care and medical care and the relationship between demographic and clinical characteristics and perceived barriers among veterans with serious mental illness...
- Gender differences in jail inmates' symptoms of mental illness, treatment history and treatment seekingAmy L Drapalski
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
Crim Behav Ment Health 19:193-206. 2009..Rates of mental illness among prisoners are substantial, but little is known about the unique mental health needs of women in jail, those under pre-trial custodial remand or serving short sentences...
- Gender differences in substance use, consequences, motivation to change, and treatment seeking in people with serious mental illnessAmy Drapalski
VISN 5 Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Subst Use Misuse 46:808-18. 2011..However, treatment-seeking women showed greater readiness to change their substance use. Mental health problems and traumatic experiences may prompt people with SMI and SUD to enter substance abuse treatment, regardless of gender...
- Adjuvant topiramate administration: a pharmacologic strategy for addressing NMDA receptor hypofunction in schizophreniaStephen I Deutsch
Mental Health Service Line, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 50 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20422, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 26:199-206. 2003..These results encourage further testing of topiramate and kainate/alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid receptor antagonists in schizophrenia patients and support the heuristic model of NRH...
- Preferences for family involvement in care among consumers with serious mental illnessAmy N Cohen
Veterans Affairs VA Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, 11301 Wilshire Blvd 210A, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:257-63. 2013..This study is the first systematic report on preferences expressed by consumers with serious mental illness for family involvement...