Michelle M Bottenberg
Affiliation: Drake University
- Assessing pharmacy students' ability to accurately measure blood pressure using a blood pressure simulator armMichelle M Bottenberg
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa 50311 4505, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 77:98. 2013..To compare student accuracy in measuring normal and high blood pressures using a simulator arm...
- Oral aloe vera-induced hepatitisMichelle M Bottenberg
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Des Moines, IA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:1740-3. 2007..To report a case of possible oral aloe vera-induced hepatitis...
- Intensive insulin therapy in critical care settingsDarla Klug Eastman
Veteran s Administration Central Iowa Healthcare System, Des Moines, IA 50310, USA
Curr Clin Pharmacol 4:71-7. 2009..In an effort to balance the risks and benefits of intensive insulin therapy, many hospitals are incorporating standardized protocols and using an interdisciplinary approach toward patient care...
- Apparent anaphylactoid reaction after treatment with a single dose of telithromycinMichelle M Bottenberg
Department of Pharmacy, Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:89-91. 2007..Telithromycin, the first ketolide antimicrobial agent available in the United States, is related to the macrolide class of antibiotics. Reports of immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions with macrolides or ketolides are rare overall...
- Adherence to treatment guidelines in two primary care populations with goutGeoffrey C Wall
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Drake University, 2507 University Ave, Des Moines, IA 50311 4505, USA
Rheumatol Int 30:749-53. 2010..005). In this retrospective review of gout management in two IM clinics, general care for patients with this condition did not differ significantly. However, overall compliance with recommendations from published guidelines was low...